FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
My depth collar broke on my rip tide and I have ordered a replacement. Do I need to remove the head to install or will iti slip over the shaft? I am thinking I will need to lift off the control box. Trying to do a little planning.
I had a 36 MK transom mount and replaced the speed switch. Probably similar to pulling the rest of the head off for your collar. Its pretty straight forward but take a pencil and paper and diagram out where each wires spade connector goes to each terminal. If they wires are not marked use a piece of tape to mark each wire to their correct connection. I know you have to remove the head to cut down the shaft so replacing collar is probably same procedure.
I'm sure if you do a search on youtube their is a video of the whole process.
Good luck.
Here is a good pictorial of what the insides of a rip tide looks like and the board removal process:http://store.minnkotamotors.com/media/document/iPilotManualEnglishRevD1.pdf