Calling for help from all 21'-22' boat owners

roffey

Commander
22.17 ? you have me confused, not that it is difficult to do.

64osby

Admiral
2006 Regal Boats 2200This inboard/outboard runabout is 22.17 feet long and weighs 3530 (pounds dry). This weight does not account for passengers, fuel, or gear. The beam of this craft is 102 inches.
[/FONT][/COLOR]

22.17' would equal 22' 2.04"

Last edited by a moderator:

BRICH1260

Lieutenant
Ask to see the actual title of any boat that you are considering to buy. I would think that if it only says 22' that measurement will be transferred forward onto your new title when you apply for it.

tlombard

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I would agree with the statement above. What the title says would be the most important.

And I do agree on the size limit at Goose Creek. I was only joking about that. I think the 22' limit is pretty much dead on. I've always really wanted something in the 24-25' range but I enjoy Goose Creek too much to buy something I couldn't use there even though we already have a pontoon down there.

frantically relaxing

Senior Chief Petty Officer
First of all, what the factory says the boat length is, is what the boat length is. If the title doesn't match the factory documentation of the boat, then it can be changed so that it does. State's like their titles to be accurate. The OP mentioned "a Regal 2200". so I looked one up, 2003... Nada says the boat is 22'. But the factory (just search for and download a manual, that's all I did just now) specs page reads as follows, and note the factory says the boat is 22'-2". THAT is what the title is SUPPOSED to say. If not, fix it...

regalsample.jpg

jbcurt00

Staff member
Some states dont have inches on the title Frantic, whole feet only.

I dont think I'll start a lobbying firm to petition the state legislature in an attempt to force them to add inches to my titles.

Not all states are the same, as noted repeatedly.

As I understand it, some states can be very difficult to get title changes made, whether they are inaccurate or not.