Cable and pulley steering and a new motor

Leahcim

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 26, 2011
Messages
23
I have a 1963 15' Starcraft with a cable and pulley steering system. I don't want to convert to a modern steering system. The issue is I need a new motor and I have a line on a new Suzuki DT30, 30 hp 2-stroke, I live in Baja California where new 2 strokes are available. I'm wondering if the motor will have the tab in the center front to attach the steering cables. Anybody know?
 

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Joined
May 24, 2011
Messages
49,038
Don't know for sure, but the specs say tiller/remote - Most likely.

dt30.PNG
 

Leahcim

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 26, 2011
Messages
23
Thanks for the reply. I think I'll be OK. If I have it pictured correctly both the old cable/pulley and the modern systems connect to the motor in the same spot.
 

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Joined
May 24, 2011
Messages
49,038
The cable attachment connects to part #34, where a steering link arm attaches with the newer steering systems. Your motor will be similar, the drawing may be for an older DT30, so not exactly as yours.

tillarm.PNG
 

Leahcim

Cadet
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 26, 2011
Messages
23
Thanks a lot! I appreciate you taking the time to respond. 8^)
 
Top