CA or bust!!

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant
Well,<br />The movers come in at 8:30 a.m. to start packing up up. I will be off the internet for a while. I plan on getting to CA somewhere around July 4th. If I can get online between now and then, I will try.<br /><br />Wish us all a safe trip.<br /><br />AK Chappy

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral
Re: CA or bust!!

Hope your relocation goes well for you AK. Will be looking forward to your return.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Best of luck on the trip!<br /><br />Bob

LadyFish

Admiral

Have a safe trip Ak Chappy.<br /><br />
motel6.jpg

Fly Rod

Commander

:) "GOOD LUCK"!!!!!!!! <br /><br />Hope you will enjoy your new location!!!!! ;) :cool:

dolluper

Captain

Back to a new bunch of critters eh!!!<br />Safe trip hope it goes well :cool: :)

LubeDude

Admiral

Are you coming this way, (along the coast), or straight down I-5?

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

I want to be the first to say welcome to California. We're glad to have one of our own here with us. We need all the help we can get. Have a safe trip.<br />Bassy

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Thanks for all the well wishes. They got 99% of the stuff packed up and now have to make the inventory listing and load the truck on Tues afternoon or Wed morning. LD, I will be making a swing over your way. I drive out of here on Monday afternoon. Should put me in Seattle around Thursday night, Friday morning. I think you gave me your phone no. a while back. I will call when I get closer and have a good arrival date. If you aren't booked, maybe we can fish :) <br />If you didn't, you can send it to <br />AKChappy2004 (AT) Yahoo.com if you would like.<br /><br />Bassy,<br />Thanks for the welcome. It will be my second tour of CA. My first was in So Cal. I will be near Marysville this time. Still some good skiing to do. I am actually kind of looking forward to it. <br /><br />AK Chappy

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by AK Chappy:<br /> <br /> I will be near Marysville this time. Still some good skiing to do. I am actually kind of looking forward to it. <br /><br />AK Chappy
Marysville is awesome! A nice little town. We spend Thanksgiving there every year. So much water and so many places to fish! Ah, you'll love it!<br />Bassy

Homerr

Commander

First I heard of anyone moving TO California !!!<br /><br />LOL!!!<br /><br /><br />5 fingers and a thumb wavin' at ya... You'll be passing right through my neighborhood in So. Oregon.<br /><br /> :) <br /><br />H.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

I mean no offense to anyone who willingly lives in CA but, I am NOT moving there by choice. Uncle Sam has said that is where I will go to work for a while.<br />Gots to do what you gots to do!<br /><br />Bassy,<br />I have heard good things about the fishing and boating there. Good thing is I only have to pay resident fees :) I also still get to come back up here to AK and get resident tags and licenses here. Gotta love the system.<br /><br />AK Chappy

tylerin

Commander

Marysville is gorgeous. Wouldn't even consider that your A-typical Ca. town. <br />Ca The fishing sucks here. The weather sucks. some of the ugliest girls I've ever met. Pacific flyway holds no ducks. The mountains, streams, lakes, ocean, are really overrated. A contractor that works 12 months a year needs his head examined. $600,000.00 in equity in 5 years was just dumb luck.Definately not the land of opportunity. Stay away folks it's BAD. <br />Homerr...Coming up your way this weekend to look for my retirement home. I've got about 6 to look at from Medford to Beaverton. "I'm coming Homerr!!" LOL I'll never leave the Pacific Flyway

aspeck

Staff member

Safe trip, Chappy! Sorry you have to leave AK for CA, but it is only temporary, right?!?!<br /><br />Sounds like TY loves CA, but then look at his avatar ... 'nuff said. HA!

RichP1269

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Chappy, <br /><br />You're gonna love Lake Oroville. Perfect for skiing, not to mention the fishing. If you hunt, the deer are abundant and the area is loaded with black bear. <br /><br />Best of luck.