buying a new boat ?????

curtisimo1981

Seaman Apprentice
Ok heres the deal, i'm going to buy a new boat in the next 2-3 months. My wife set a limit at 15000. so i'm looking at either getting a tahoe q4, or a bayliner 175. whats ya'll opinon

wcsparky05

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: buying a new boat ?????

really not the best time of year to buy a new boat, but if money is not a problem....i like the bayliners and they are a great deal. and there's nothing like getting something brand new. did you know they moved their plants to mexico. i'm not sure if they are there exclusively but that's part of how they can offer such a bargain price. i think there is an article in boating about two months back i read.

I would buy a fairly new used boat and not tell the wife about where the rest of the money went. go buy a new fishing reel or take a trip to the day spa!

180shabah

Rear Admiral

I would take the Tahoe over the Bayliner. I don't know if you have dealer near you or not, but you may want to look at the Stingray also. Or there is always the used market, there are always a bunch out there that are only a year or two old with very little use. Somebody elses "big mistake" could be your bargain.

Good luck,
John

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

you couldn't give me a bilgeliner, sorry bayliner.

rogerwa

Commander

Glastron makes a good entry level bowrider as well.

KCook

Lieutenant Commander

My opinon would be to spend the same $$ on a slightly used Caravelle, Chaparral, Ebbtide, Four Winns, Glastron, or Maxum. Preferably with V6, not 3L.

Kelly Cook

tmh

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I agree with buying slightly used, slightly nicer boat. Maybe go 19' also. There's another thread exactly like this one very recently - have a read.

You "can't give me a bilgeliner" guys...... how foolish. btw, calling a Bayliner a "Bilgeliner" stopped being funny, oh, I don't know.....maybe right after the first person said it!!!!