Buying a Key West...

KW196BR

Recruit
Re: Buying a Key West...

JM,
Appreciate the input, I found the one on Cabela's site, that's what got me looking around online and I'll check the Marinetech out as well. With any luck they may have either or both of them in the local Bass Pro Shop/marine suppliers at compareable prices. At least that way I can return it locally if not satisfied vs mail.

Thanx Again

Capt.Sized

Cadet

I love my Key West its a 15' 6'' Side console explorer, and for what I got it for the quality is amazing. I would recommend them to anyone asking.

I think a lot of people turn away due to the price, and tend to bad mouth, But when you are replacing wood, I'll be on the water.

That is if the Mariner holds up ^_^

treyfry

Recruit

i just bought a 2009 2020cc bluewater with yamaha 115 four stroke, and i absolutly love the boat. rides great even in rough water very smooth and dry, i have been in all kinds of boats in the past ten years and the keywest rides as good as any. the improvements they have made with the newer boats has turned keywest into a power house, they are able to compete with companies that are thought of as higher quality, and they are priced very good. i have been 50 and 60 miles out in my boat and never felt like we were in trouble even if the seas picked up. my motor is a little undersized for the boat but thats what i wanted. it tops out at 42mph but im getting a little over 300 miles on a 60 gallon tank, thats pretty da#% good. if you buy a keywest you will not regret it, also if you look around you are seeing more and more keywest boats on the water that has to mean something.

CJ-7

Recruit

PensacolaMax.. Is your Yamaha a 4-stroke? I was looking at a similar model to yours with a 4-stroke yamaha but am hesitant about it after reading a lot of the posts on this forum and others. Just wandering if anyoneo out there has a 1720 2008 or 09 with a 4-stroke and what they think about it.

Sedge

Cadet

I just bought a '09 KW 1900 CC Sportsman w/ 115 Yam. 4-stroke and a bimini top and the dual battery (Interstates) set-up. Still don't quite have the 10 hrs break-in, but definitely will by the end of this w/e. Traded in a '96 Stingray 556ZP bowrider (I/O Mercruiser 135). The Stingray (18 1/2 ft) definitely had sportier handling, but I always had to kneel on the driver's seat to see out...the CC gives much better visibility. I also spent quite a few hours rebuilding the plywood deck because of rot. No complaints with the KW so far, but it obviously sat on the dealer's open air lot for quite a while (some scratches on the bow rail, mildew on the caulking around the console). The only rattle I get is with the little console storage doors at idle...once your off idle that goes away. I don't fish, so it's just for cruising with the fam here around Pascagoula, MS. Looking forward to going out to Petit Bois and Horn Islands, and Dauphin Island in Alabama...about a 15 mile trip one way from where I start. Sort of wish I'd gotten the 150 motor...you never have "too much power"!

Sedge

Cadet

...oh yeah, the Yamaha came with a 5 yr warranty (part of the "sale price").

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander

Congrats to all who have purchased recently...and as I had posted earlier, I made a deal on a WA. '02 2300 Bluewater series with twin 115 4 strokes. Easy motors to work on. Just did complete 400 hr. tune-up and maintenace on both motors..posted it all on a link here.
Also, the boat was in remarkably good shape for a 7 yr old boat, but with my past history with KW I really wasn't surprised. Good luck with your new rigs! :)

treyfry

Recruit

im from the goula also got mine from empress about three weeks ago. go to the islands and beyond every weekend, love my boat.