Business Write Offs

gonfishn

Commander
Times sure have changed in the last ten years concerning what you can write on the business side.<br /><br />This is not my first rodeo when it comes to doing it yourselves.<br /><br />For instance in 88' the gov. allowed 15 to 20 cents a mile for Business Auto Write offs. Today its $.42 a mile..<br /><br />Play a round of golf talk some shop and its a write off.. In my case i don't Golf but i do some some fishn.<br />Next month headn down to BubbaKats to do some Gator huntn..So I am going to bring him down something Amish then write it off..I think I am on to something here. May even find a way to write off my trip to the Homestead this year..<br /><br />Now if there are any IRS folks here ya know I'm just funin don't ya :D .. You know you can't believe anything a fisherman says .

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Business Write Offs

What about that picture I still have, is that your notion of a write off? :p <br /><br />All offers accepted. :D

gonfishn

Commander

Don't know if I can write off blackmail Spinner..That thing, that was around my neck was not what it seemed to be.. :D

aspeck

Staff member

Hey GF, still waiting for that email! It could result in a business deduction on your trip to Raystown to hunt gators.

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

6$ ..<br /><br />yea GF .. keep track of every nickel you spend and then some. I've done a few things that could've resulted in 'legitimate' write-offs.. but the 'paper' just wasn't there for it.<br /><br /><br />Have a good time down there with bubba .. something tells me we'll have a few good stories to read afterwards.. :p

SpinnerBait_Nut

I have $6, do I hear $7?<br />Come on folks, this is a one of kind picture not suppose to have been released, but I have the only original copy. :p :D

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

For all the folks here looking' to tax cheat, I am reminded of your "anti labor" "Pro Business" position. My Pro Labor position is intended to maximize my wages. And be "fair", ie: "a fair days wages for a fair days work".<br /><br />Your "tax avoidance scheme" is intended to......save you money???? or, scheme a "conference" in Hawaii, ie...vacation that you can "write off" as a business expense. <br /><br />How come any "conferences" never are booked in bum f**K Iowa for five days?????? Hemmm....? I assume only Hawaii will do for the accommodations, huh???<br /><br />Small Business Owners will post here forth to justify their behavior as "we worked for it and assume substantial risk". BS<br /><br />I can assume "substantial risk" by accepting employment at your small business. Never know if I will have a job (risk) because you choose to hold "conferences" at costly locations that affect the business.<br /><br />Sorry for the rant, those here who have ripped on Labor Unions regarding the "cost" to business may well do consider your practices of expensing travel and other "perks" that you enjoy.

gonfishn

Commander

Aspeck..Been trying to email you for a while now..Shoot me an email and I will capture your return...gonfishn@horizonview.net..<br /><br />Am I allowed to bid on this picture?

aspeck

Staff member

GF, you got mail.<br /><br />pjc, easy there big guy! You have a point to a degree, but then again, don't blame the business cause the government allows it. Complain to the guberment and get the tax code changed so it is fair for everyone, not just the ones that are up on the law, or have the good tax attorneys. Would really like to see guberment (I know, I am misspelling it) do away with income tax altogether - quite penalizing me for being able to save money - and start with a federal sales tax. But we are digressing to another post, so I will shut up now.

gonfishn

Commander

yo pjc..This was meant in a humorus way..You must be having one of those days..<br />On my side of the fence I am all legit when it comes to what I take off on expenses..If they giveth I will taketh..No different when you do your taxes...<br /><br />I am sure your are true blue when ya file your own right....

Kenneth Brown

Captain

I'm with Pat on this one. I'm in a great mood right now so it aint the macho talking either. This was the first year of my farm. I could have made a killing off of taxes. I didn't. I didn't even try to have a business this year, at least on paper I didn't. I think its pure BS the way lots of people play the game. I had a woman go to school with my wife. She lied and said she was separated and living with her mom. The goobermint paid ALL of her schooling. I snitched her off. The goobermint did nothing. Thats BS too. I hire on to do a job I expect to get paid. I don't expect to get rich. This is the only reason I am for a flat tax. EVERBODY pays that way. <br /><br /><br />Have I cheated on taxes? Yes and no. If someone hires me to do some shadetree work on the side I don't report it. I might make $500 a year from everything I do on the side. Other than that I am straight arrow.

ndemge

Commander

I hold a full time job, but have a business on the side, you bet I'm going to make every deduction I can, cause If I pay myself $10, I pay $4 in taxes. So if the business can use it, the business pays for it. We go out to dinner every month or so, and the business pays for it, do we talk about business while there, yes. So, business can pay for it and not pay the taxes, or I can pay myself, then deduct large % for taxes and be out even more.<br /><br />Makeing good sense in your deductions leaves more money in the business and more money to pay people that work for you.<br /><br />If I go to hawaii for a "conference" you bet, cause that's 40% I just saved myself, that means that same 40% less than I have to PAY myself becuase I don't have to pay for my own vacation...<br /><br />I see a lot of companies waste a lot of money on super big vacation type events for the employees...... and there is a reason those employees keep working for those companies, because it's FUN.

ndemge

Commander

and to quote pjc in the mc donalds thread...<br /><br /><br />- posted February 19, 2005 12:04 PM Profile for pjc Edit/Delete Post Reply With Quote Hello WBW....that is the "Right" of business to do and perform as they see fit.<br /><br />Sorry you could not have your fat pill when you wished.<br /><br />Democrats will support the right of service for you.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

And if all were reporting income from side jobs, and the like, paying tax on that sum, the tax burden we all pay as a whole could be reduced...say a few or more percentage points.<br /><br />Deal is that overall tax rates (%) may be what they are due to those who scam to avoid paying their correct amount. Thus, because of a portion who "cheat", the rest of us pay more overall to fund our government budget.<br /><br />Bottom line is that tax cheats are same as folks who scam welfare or other government entitlement programs. Or dope dealers. And so on.<br /><br />Some may not like my position, but I do believe it is realistic and correct.

mattttt25

Commander

a few years back, i read about a group of people who claimed their profession was teaching people how to minimize paying taxes. they wrote EVERYTHING they did off. every single expense. they argued that writing off everything and teaching other people how to do it was their full time job, and thus justified their profession and simply not paying taxes. many of the people hadn't paid taxes in years.<br /><br />anyone read the same? i just wonder how it turned out. they were arguing their position in the courts when the article was written.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Tax Cheats? Noooooooooooo, surely not none of them around here. :p <br /><br />I write off what I think I can and get by with it. I burn a lot of gas and use a lot of tires and pay a lot of insurance and fish a lot go to different lakes when I can let the business pay for my personal vehicles, etc, etc , etc.<br /><br />Works for me. :D

SoulWinner

Commander

Teresa Heinz Kerry only pays 12% income tax. I pay 37%. Anybody see a freaking problem here???

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by SoulWinner:<br /> Teresa Heinz Kerry only pays 12% income tax. I pay 37%. Anybody see a freaking problem here???
Yea SW, the picture is a little foggy ain't it? :D