Busiest day of the year

aspeck

Staff member
I ONCE took my boat to the fireworks ... once ... most dangerous ride home ever after the fireworks were completed ... never again! If I want to watch the fireworks, I will do it from the fire truck or tanker!

ScottinAZ

Senior Chief Petty Officer
the boat is safely on its trailer in the driveway, and the family and I will enjoy the fireworks from the back porch..... too many idiots on a normal weekend, dont need to compound that with the once a year crowd that really gets stupid

airshot

Rear Admiral
In our city, the entire river is a slow no wake zone and well patrolled by local officials. Busy...very...but most folks have been decent. We hate crowds and prefer the privacy our boat gives us. And we get a much better view of the fireworks !!

tphoyt

Ensign
I was never a big fan a crowds and watched from far away. Of course I had to take my kids but they followed in my foot steps and at the age of 7 asked why we were going there are just so many people.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
We launched a few times to watch fireworks down here. Had drunks throwing bottles. Never again

FLATHEAD

Commander
Yep, went out on Wallenpaupack for the fireworks once. Total chaos. Fireworks never did much for me anyhow.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Checked the "watch fireworks from the boat" box long ago. Probably been 25 years since I've been out on a holiday weekend.

Prefer to stay home and indulge in adult beverages while floating around in the pool. Then head over to a friend's house to enjoy the fireworks display put on by their HOA that evening.

briangcc

Commander
Went out once to watch the fireworks over Boldt Castle in 1000 Islands. Was a nice show however it was in a light rain and absolutely no moon. Trip back was harrowing as we stayed in the shipping channel. Me in my 18' Bayliner following my uncle in his 18' Sylvan getting buzzed by 30-40ft power boats going full tilt with little visibility other than the channel markers.

Never, ever again.

flashback

Captain
Here it is, the real 4th and I guess everyone in my area used up all the goodies.. it's quiet here

airshot

Rear Admiral
We went out to our fireworks on monday evening, had a great time, local, county sheriff and coast gard patrolled the area...10 mph max speed all down the river and they did pull over a few !! From my view, everyone pretty much behaved. Local marina has a senior launch permit for 70 and over for free, outsiders pay 10 each or a season pass for 125....only pass holders allowed to use ramp on monday after 3 pm. No waiting lines in or out, nice time !!