Bush NGuard plug by B.Barnes

SCO

Lieutenant
I think this hurts W., that Ben Barnes says he helped get W into the National Guard thereby avoiding a chance of Vietnam service. I am hoping to get the Vets response to this issue in comparison with Kerry's Fonda moment.

Fly Rod

Commander
Re: Bush NGuard plug by B.Barnes

:) I don't see how that will hurt him!!!<br />Allot of people did the same thing in that era or they took up basket weaving in college!!!! :p :p <br /><br />Clinton decided to vacation in "Canada"!!!! :mad: :mad:

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I am pretty sure Kerry tried the same thing, cept he didnt know the right people.<br /><br />All of this is getting very tiring.<br /><br />Ken

knobby

Chief Petty Officer

Yesterday, the Boston Globe reported that a reexamination of President Bush's military records show the president fell well short of meeting his military obligations in the National Guard. According to the Globe, twice during his Guard service, Bush signed documents pledging to meet training commitments or face a punitive call-up to active duty. But records show he didn't meet the commitments, or face the punishment. <br />And a group called Texans for Truth recently announced an advertising campaign questioning whether Bush ever trained with the Alabama Air National Guard. The ad quotes a retired lieutenant colonel in the Alabama unit who says he searched for Bush but never met him in 1972 or 1973.

gaugeguy

Captain

I saw the ad yesterday on Fox News, he also admitted in a conference call that GW could have been there and he just didn't see him cause it was a large military base.<br /><br />If you asked any of my commanding officers if they remembered me, I am positive they would say no...just too many people to keep track of.<br /><br />Where is Kerry now condemning this ad anyways? Just another flip/flop

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

The sad part is that it doesn't seem to matter to those operating on Blind Party Loyalty alone. They're tired of it because they'd rather not hear about it. Some people are so stuck on this dufus that they'd vote for him no matter what the truth of the matter is. They'll blast the guy that did his duty with valor and ignore the facts that prove Bush didn't even show up when he was repetedly ordered to do so. If Junior's daddy wasn't a Congessman at the time, Junior would have done prison time for his National Guard antics. "Honorable" Discharge. Bullschidt! That discharge was bought with a vote for a bigger Defense Department budget, and no I don't have proof of that. At the very least, it was "influenced". And THAT is documented!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by kenimpzoom:<br /> I am pretty sure Kerry tried the same thing, cept he didnt know the right people.<br /><br />All of this is getting very tiring.<br /><br />Ken
AMEN!! :mad:

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by WillyBWright:<br /> The sad part is that it doesn't seem to matter to those operating on Blind Party Loyalty alone. Some people are so stuck on this dufus that they'd vote for him no matter what the truth of the matter is.
Are you kidding me??? Hitler could run against GW, and he'd get the same amount of votes JFK will get :rolleyes:

knobby

Chief Petty Officer

Is Hilter running? I thought that was Ralph Nader.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

hijack<br /><br />A couple drove down a country road for several miles,<br />not saying a word. An earlier discussion had led to an<br />argument and neither of them wanted to concede their<br />position. As they passed a barnyard of mules, goats,<br />and pigs, the husband asked sarcastically,<br /> <br />"Relatives of yours?"<br /> <br />"Yep," the wife replied, "in-laws."

Fly Rod

Commander

:) We have River Boat Vetrans for Truth on one side!!!!<br /><br /><br />And now we have Texans for Truth!!!!<br /><br /> :) Who's Right??? Who's Wrong????<br /><br /> :) "WHO CARES!!!" ;) :cool: <br /><br /><br />I haven't heard of what either candidate is going to do for you and I, the people of this "GREAT COUNTRY!!!!" :confused: :confused:

SCO

Lieutenant

"They'll blast the guy that did his duty with valor and ignore the facts that prove Bush didn't even show up when he was repetedly ordered to do so."<br /><br />I wanted to answer this on the other thread but it was locked, so... The reason we attack Kerry is because of the way he is manipulating his service as a campaign issue. Bush is not making it a platform in his campaign nor should he because he apparently has little to be proud of. Correct or not we all perceived the National Guard as a way to avoid Viet Nam at the time. It's fundamentally an honesty and integrity issue, and had not Kerry started honking his own horn, had he not maligned his fellow soldiers at the time and now, the outrageousness of it wouldn't have stuck in the craw of the POW's and Swift boat Vets and Vets in general.

knobby

Chief Petty Officer

Besides, that whole Nat Guard thing was brought up in the last Bush election, but it was successfully swept under the rug then, so don't lift the rug and pull it out now.

KennyKenCan

Commander

Until Mr. Kerry releases HIS military record, this agrument is useless!<br /><br />If Mr. Bush had to release his, to be picked over with a fine tooth comb by the Kerry supporters, then so should Mr. Kerry's records, so that they can be picked over by Bush supporters, so that both sides can agrue the facts!<br /><br />Just what is Kerry hiding from the public, being he refuses to release HIS military records!<br /><br />Until all records from both sides are disclosed to the public, this argument is frivalous and unfair!

SCO

Lieutenant

Well, I saw Katie and Carville on the NBC news this morning, and that fair and balanced impartial reporter is going to her darndest to help her Democrat team IMHO. That's why I posted this topic, because the national media is going to place this issue front and center for a while.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I like Shrimp Boat Veterans for Truth.<br /><br />Beaudrox said, "Dat dere Kerry dont know nutin bout no shrimpin". "Dere was shrimps all round de boat bro, and he dint even trow in de net"<br /><br /> :D :D :D

KaGee

Admiral

OLD NEWS! This is the FOURTH time this has come up going back to the 90's. <br /><br />B. Barnes touts himself as a former Regan Staff member. Now he is a fundraiser for the Kerry Campaign. No conflict there is there???

Ralph 123

Captain

Here is my take. The Vets remained silent as they say for 35 years because the last thing these men (esp. the POWs) want to do is relive Nam. They didn't Care that Clinton dodged the draft (I bet a bunch wish they had in hindsight) and they didn't care if Bush pulled string to get in the National Guard (I bet a bunch wish they had in hindsight). They just want to forget about it and be left alone.<br /><br />With Kerry it is a very different story. They feel he betrayed them. They feel he put their lives in greater danger. His words were used as part of their torture! McCain wouldn't even speak to Kerry until one day they were trapped on a plane together and McCain decided to forgive him. The other Vets have not reached that point. Then, when Kerry made his service a central part of his campaign that was the straw that broke the camels back. <br /><br />These men were tortured with Kerry's words as the instrument. They were treated as criminals when they came home and spat upon by fellow Americans who called them baby killers. The enemy fought harder and longer because of what Kerr said and did. The odds you would be killed or tortured if taken prisoner went up because of what Kerry said and did. That they do not forget or forgive.<br /><br />There are too many POd Vietnam vets, many of the damaged for life, in this country for Kerry to ever serve as CiC. Just think about how they will react if he does manage to win...