Bush is today's Churchill

SCO

Lieutenant
Re: Bush is today's Churchill

"I wouldn't insult Chamberlin by comparing him to modern American Liberals. Chamberlin took his position out of strong (but wrongheaded) conviction and love for his country. In the end, he saw the errors of his way and worked tirelessly with Churchill in the great cause."<br /><br />I agree with that, and am not really faulting him. But he went down the path dictatad by the Passivism of the times, conceded territories, and it was ineffective. He moved for sanctions, attempted deterance ...almost the exact parallell to the lefts arguments of what we should have done in today's conflict. It's a lesson of history.

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by NOSLEEP:<br /> History does repeat itself. <br />
And the more it does, the more we choose to ignore it.<br /><br />I thank God daily for the heritage of this nation and for the people who had the courage to fight for what is right.<br /><br />Just imagine what history would be like if the people then was like people today.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by SCO:<br /> "I wouldn't insult Chamberlin by comparing him to modern American Liberals. Chamberlin took his position out of strong (but wrongheaded) conviction and love for his country. In the end, he saw the errors of his way and worked tirelessly with Churchill in the great cause."<br /><br />I agree with that, and am not really faulting him. But he went down the path dictatad by the Passivism of the times, conceded territories, and it was ineffective. He moved for sanctions, attempted deterance ...almost the exact parallell to the lefts arguments of what we should have done in today's conflict. It's a lesson of history.
All very true, SCO, but his motives were entirely different than today's Liberals! It is necessary to understand the beast you are standing against.

SCO

Lieutenant

No disagreement, and I have to admit that till I read up on Chamberlin, I lumped him in with that catagory in my ignorance. But...he tried what we tried with the likes of Saddam...he though well intentioned was unable to deter Hitler and maybe that was because he did not have the public mandate to do more than he did until Hitler invaded Poland. W had the mandate post 911, and now many have already forgotten the lesson of 911.

NOSLEEP

Commander

KaGee, people in the free world dont know<br />sacrifice. All they know is freedom. I propose<br />that is why peace at any cost is so prevalent.

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Taking out Saddam was never said to be the main objective in the War on Terror. It was never said that Saddam was responsible for 9-11 either. BUT, he and leaders like him are certainly facilitators of terror and are an imminent threat to our existence.<br /><br /><br />-dd-