Bush finally speaks true feelings

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: Bush finally speaks true feelings

I can't believe one would offer that up as any indication of a candidates ability to serve. It is as empty as most all of the rest of the platitudes coming from the Democratic Party. Pretty desperate on your part, RetNav.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

You suffer-thru the democratic conventions, you hear the flips and then the flops perpetrated daily by your canidate, and yet, you join your media (MSNBC amoung them), in attempting to lambaste every word and action of President Bush.<br />Well, keep trying. It aint werked yet, but keep trying.

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

That was not a "misspeak"<br />Think about it from a military point of view.<br /><br />|“Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we,” Bush said. “They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.”|<br /><br />If they are thinking of new ways to harm us. We also have to think of the new ways to harm us. You can only be prepared for what you know. There is no way to prepare for the unknown. You can only ease the fear of it.<br /><br />AK Chappy

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Boomyal/12Footer,<br />There is one reason for me posting the link to the article, and only one reason. That reason being I am sick and tired of seeing constant put downs being offered from only one side. IMO there is ample fault to find with any politician regardless of what their party affiliation happens to be. I don't put anyone down here and am personally sick and tired of all the petty bickering being posted. <br /><br />I think I will vote with my feet, that way I won't have to put up with that kind of crap.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Dont feel like the lone ranger, Retnav. I think everyone is sick of it. Persoanally speaking, the pettier, the sicker I am of it all. But what is nauseating (as someone put it in another post) the most about it is the petty digs. The issues in our near future are, (IMHO) life or death. To lower the standards to "best looking" or "best speaking", sickens me as much as it does you, I'm sure. The big pictures are the War on Islamic terror,and the domestic economy.<br />Hang in there tho, as we have 3 more months to endure.

knobby

Chief Petty Officer

I'm on your boat Ret Nav. Good post.

oddjob

Commander

Geezz!...I cant even believe this...now the election is lost...over just this one misspeak...the dems got us against the ropes with this one.. :( :D

knobby

Chief Petty Officer

“But the American people know this president speaks with clarity and conviction, and the terrorists know by his actions he means it,” McClellan said.

CoachHolland

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well, at least there is an obvious difference between someone who misspoke what they were saying and someone who clearly says one thing, then turns around and says something completely different the next.<br /><br />Just something to think about. :)

Carphunter

Commander

......Exactly what CoachHolland said. :cool:

knobby

Chief Petty Officer

Mission Accomplished.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Well retnav, it clearly shows that the dems can't understand military speak.

knobby

Chief Petty Officer

No dem here, just objective observer.

kd6nem

Chief Petty Officer

There is one reason for me posting the link to the article, and only one reason. That reason being I am sick and tired of seeing constant put downs being offered from only one side.
Retnav,<br />You are correct that there is just too much political nonsense going on from both sides right now. But to add more nonsense from the left makes it all better? Doesn't that just add more fuel to the fire you seem to object to? Why not offer something substantial instead, so we can discuss something of significance? <br /><br />As you are aware this forum does have a larger number of outspoken conservatives here. But we are nothing compared to the vast amount of outspoken liberals in the media. Take consolation that the media is loudly proclaiming the "virtues" of the left on nearly every channel and nearly every publication nonstop 24/7. Overall, the bias is still very much in your favor. At least here we admit where we're coming from.

SCO

Lieutenant

Unfortunately, the Mission isn't accomplished, and how on earth could we vote Democrat and expect anything but Chamberlin like appeasment. Do you think the middle eastern threat is grave or not, that is the question. Havn't we already tried ignoring it and half measures? That got us a country full of terrorists, and 911. MAybe if we give them Czechoslovakia, we can secure peace in our time.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by SCO:<br /> Unfortunately, the Mission isn't accomplished, and how on earth could we vote Democrat and expect anything but Chamberlin like appeasment. Do you think the middle eastern threat is grave or not, that is the question. Havn't we already tried ignoring it and half measures? That got us a country full of terrorists.
You might as well give it up, SCO. You know we are baaaad to the core and if it weren't for us sucking up all the worlds wealth and resources, these poor, wretched, peace loving muslims would leave us in peace. And besides, they're just giving us our just due for the injustices we heaped on them in the crusades. It's the evil Christians that started it all. Oh, if only we were willing to talk with them and maybe smoke a peace pipe, things might be different. <br /><br />Besides, we just unilaterally attacked poor Iraq. They were just minding their own business, playing with all the bad toys we gave them. They didn't mean us any harm. And how bad we were not to wait for the UN to negotiate a fair and equitable solution to our differences. Yada Yada Yada.

SCO

Lieutenant

I guess you're right Boomyal. It's tough to think like a Democrat, but I'll learn, just in time to think like an islamist. You think I'm kidding??? How many of you sympathize with the Palastinians(rhetorical question...I don't really want to know... too depressing)

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Originally posted by RetNav:<br /> It seems like our wonderful president has finally spoken the truth about his feelings:<br /> http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5613296/
How is it that you post dung like this, and then get upset when there's a rebuttal? :confused: <br /><br />You got one thing right---you can vote with your feet. If you don't like the political discussion, don't read the threads.<br /> :rolleyes: <br /><br /><br />-dd-

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer

dogsdad, I didn't see any rebuttals. All I saw was excuse/alibi/overlooking and many other examples of accepting a jerk. Of course I understand, you being from the same place. <br /><br />I only have two words for you and they are NOT<br />Boy Voyage.