BUMMER!.......EMBARASSING!.....Update.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Had to tow my OWN toon in off the river tonight....SIL and his bud was doing some catfishing. He called me on the cell.....motor quit. Won't start but a little. So off I went....really embarassing...... :(

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Re: BUMMER!.......EMBARASSING!.....Update.

All part of boating, happens to the best of em.<br /><br />Ken

bubbakat

Captain

Awh jim don't beat your self up over it. You know the old saying a plumber,roofer,or mechanic never has the time to work on their own stuff.

crab bait

Captain

better take it to a GOOD ob mechanic an get-r-fixed right.. :) ..

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Never buy anything from a mechanic. :D :eek: :)

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

DOH! I hate when the happens. I know what you mean. I can use my tools/equipment with no problems. Loan them and all I get is complaints about this and that didn't work right.<br /><br />Hopefully they didn't allow themselves to get into any dangerous situations.<br /><br />Hang in there Jim! BTW, is the mud dried up yet?

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Rivers pretty slow right now SS. I got there and they wuz fishing. Muddy Banks have been dry for near a month. We could do with a little rain I think. Grass looks terrible cept around the swimmin' pool where the rug rats have been splashing out the water.<br /><br />And a big thanks to the rest of the guys...*sniff* I knew I could find strength and support here....*sniff*....just makes a feller all misty eyed....*sniff*

KaGee

Admiral

Just like the plumber... your stuff always comes last! :D

ndemge

Commander

I think it's also part of, you know the lil quirks.<br /><br />My Van for instance..... I'm the only one that can reliably drive it...and get home.<br /><br />* Starting it,... You have to manually reach in and set the choke on the quadrajunk or it won't start.<br /><br />* Sometimes it will decide to Idle at 2000+rpm, gotta reach in and know just where it's getting stuck and fix it.<br /><br />* Know how to read the dips in the road, as you hit it the wrong way, the front right tire hits the edge of the fender, taking a bite out each time.<br /><br />* Know where on the gas gauge you really are as it has the wrong sender for the gauge.<br /><br />* Towing: Know that the Brake controller is actually hooked up to the left tail light, not brake.... It works when you hit the brakes, but if you turn on your left blinker while braking, your trailer brakes will go away..... have to reach down and manually apply.<br /><br />* Don't give it too much gas when accelerating or you will backfire in the carb and make it angry<br /><br />Other than that, It's cherry :)

jamesgreen

Petty Officer 2nd Class

You have a boat need I say more.

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

The motor quit cause they peed in the river, it serves em right :p :D

crab bait

Captain

im with ya NOEL,, or where the roll-o-bailin' wire's at.. <br /><br />or what pine tree makes the best pine-block brakeshoes.. or just how tite to lock the visegrips for the steerin' wheel.. <br /><br />thems the things that other folks just don't know about..

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

OK! We got to the bottom of the problem.....seems the auto hemulator failed due to the wag lever being outta' sycn with the farber threads. This cause a cataplasmic repulse through the engine with reverberations. To cure this situation......I drained the container of refined prehistoric reptilian matter which had become contaminated with similar parts of hydrogen and oxygen. Carberation was also relieved of said unwanted matter. After renewing the container with fresh combustible material for infernal combustion engines, said engine is now purring along as it should be.<br /><br />I am once again at piece with my karmal.....not to mention the joy she herself displayed....now we can go out for the holiday weekend with the Kids and their kids and anyone else in the neighborhood she feels like inviting .......think I'll put the water back.....

QC

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by OBJ:<br /> similar parts of hydrogen and oxygen.
Cool, the first Hydrogen powered toon. You shoud get a write up in the local paper . . . :D

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Indeed a job well done.<br /> This chap deserves a big hand, HIP HIP! :p <br />Well, i must say.. refreshments are in order What!<br />Drink? :D

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Jim, Are you sure your SIL didn't use the red tank for a urinal? Send samples off for a DNA test. Use caution, I wouldn't try syphoning out of it til I know what kind of water it was!

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Don't thinks so SS.....didn't smell like beer...... :D :D

KaGee

Admiral

You forgot the muffler bearings OBJ!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I'm with crab and NOEL.<br />Always carry and extra length of twin to tie to the windshield wipers when the motor quits while it is raining.