FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Ok so on my 1978 Hustler pro I am getting ready to finish up my electrical add-ons for the new lowrance units I'm putting in. Electrical is definitely not my strong skill, I have no problems wiring things up that's easy for me to get right, I just want to make sure I am building a network that is safe (wont destroy my electronics) and functional. All of this is only temporary until this fall when the boat is getting gutted and a full deck build is on the drawing plans so my electrical will be redone and everything will be routed and hidden all pretty like. So I have 2 lowrance HDS 7's connected on a NMEA 2000 network, I just bought a blue seas systems ST Blade fuse block with 12 circuits, and I am thinking about adding a perko switch because I am being told that the NMEA 2000 will draw power even when the units themselves are turned off. So basically I will try to build a flow path of what I have and if I am missing something please let me know
Battery - 12 AWG Wire - Perko switch - 12 AWG wire - ST Blade fuse block - 3 wires running off of block all on 3amp fuses (1, NMEA Cable 2, Lowrance HDS7 at console 3, Lowrance HDS7 at bow.