Buccaneer Days 2011 Catalina Island

12vMan

Lieutenant Commander
Is anyone going? I will be leaving tomorrow morning and will be on the back side string line on the "Isle Doer" Bayliner 24 cuddy with flybridge. Gimme an arrrr! pirate.gif

12vMan

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Buccaneer Days 2011 Catalina Island

Had some awesome weather all in all, even though we got a few sprinkles on Friday. Total flat, calm seas on the way over from Long Beach on Thursday morning got us there right at 1 hour. The little bit of weather we got Friday from the Pacific Hurricane remnants brought in some larger-than-normal swells that night, and the sound of the surf and rocking of the boat lent to a peaceful sleep to be ready for Saturday's festivities. The band was real diverse and played extremely well Friday & Sat night. It was the first year there was an admission fee to get in the event, but at $10 for 2 days it was worth it. Looking froward to next year for sure...but then again, that's what I said 10 years ago...:cool:

spamman450

Cadet
Re: Buccaneer Days 2011 Catalina Island

I crossed over Saturday morning in my Sea Rider and it was pretty rough. Sundays return trip was much better. I agree with you, the band was very well rounded and played some awesome music. Had a blast out there snorkeling during the day, and watching the festivities at night. The dingy dock was quite the spectacle around 11 o clock. Cant wait till next year!