Brunswick temporarily suspending production due to coronavirus

briangcc

Commander
Maybe.

Here in NY the parks playgrounds/common areas/bathrooms are closed but the parks themselves are open. Government (state/local) is encouraging us to get out and enjoy nature. As far as I know all the local boat ramps are still open. This may all change as we're still not at peak here from what I've heard/read.

Some businesses are shutting down. I've seen some vacation rental areas also deciding whether to even open this year. Other businesses are actually retooling - local sign shop actually stopped making signs and is now making gowns. GM, Tesla, Ford - all have manufacturing in NY - are trying to figure out how to make ventilators. Others are trying to gear up and make masks.

I read a story yesterday where Bauer stopped making hockey gear in Quebec and started making face shields for health care workers.

To their credit the company I work for is still open with ties to manufacturing and medical fields albeit some of us are starting to be asked to burn through our vacation time. At least I'm collecting a paycheck as is my wife.

For me...I'm considering whether to open my boat at all this year. Alot is going to depend on what's going on as its not like a sick person or someone who's carrying the virus is wearing a bright neon sign that says avoid at all costs. I have to weigh that with having a healthy family.

ahicks

Captain
Brian, regarding opening the boat, even if the boat is in a slip in a marina, it's not like the boat decks are public sidewalks. It would be more about getting to and from the boat, no?

Why not ask for some input to make the call from the family? Make it a family decision.

There will be no decision regarding the launch of our pontoon boat this year. That's a given. -Al

roffey

Commander
I look forward to boating this summer. What better way to social distance. The beaches on my lake are seldom crowded and even if they were I boat for the boating part and would just cruise on by... Sun glasses on, hot chick cuddled up beside me... wait, that's just a dream but I'd still cruise on by.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
I look at it this way - this will be the best boating year ever!

If we're out in the boat how can we possibly catch the virus?

Since we can't go anywhere else, what is better to do than go boating. No sense in punishing ourselves.