Breaking news

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Robert Blake: NOT GUILTY.<br /><br />I knew "Li'l Beaver" didn't do bad stuff like that.

sangerwaker

Commander
Re: Breaking news

Took em long enough. Geeez.<br /><br />I wasn't sure on that one myself, but I would have guessed guilty, but that's only based on the media's interpretation of the facts.

crab bait

Captain

they shoulda hung 'em just for bein' creepy..<br /><br />'LIL' beaver',, who..?? dat's lil' mickey..darlas' main beau..<br /><br />'don't do da crime if you can't do da time',,can you dig-it..

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

More Breaking News... Scott Peterson sentenced to Death.<br /><br />Oops, SBN beat me to it.<br /><br />I didn't see diddly on the Blake trial.

JB

After "The Little Rascals" "Bobby" Blake played Little Beaver in the Red Ryder series of western movies. Little Beaver was Red Ryder's young Indian sidekick.<br /><br />He also played the street urchin who sold Bogart the winning lottery ticket in "Treasure of the Sierra Madre".

crab bait

Captain

OHHH, the other beaver..!!<br /><br />appology given.. you-da-man JB.. <br /><br />( you did that intentionally.. knowing full well some fool was gonna contradict ya )( like me :) )

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

hey easy on the little beavers<br /> DDG-51 was a little beaver. even had it painted on the bridge wing :) I developed the little beaver salute one long afternoon on the weapons dock at yorktown :) <br /> capt was less than impressed but had a sense of humour :)

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

I'm glad Barretta got not guilty.

matthew hardman

Seaman Apprentice

were those black and white shows is that why i dont really remember them i mean i have heard of them befor but you know that was a long time ago<br />lol:D

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

Now he's up against a wrongful death suit filed by the vivtim's family. I guess that's why it's "not guilty" not "innocent".

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by Dave Abrahamson:<br /> Now he's up against a wrongful death suit filed by the vivtim's family. I guess that's why it's "not guilty" not "innocent".
He did it but he didn't do it. :rolleyes:

JB

Bonnie Blakely was a con artist who ripped off a lot of people. Any one of them could have done it.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

OJ got off, Robert Blake got off, so it presently leaves Phil Specter to carry the torch,lets see if he gets off as well :rolleyes:

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,.........<br /><br />Bob Blake's Story doesn't hold any water to Me......<br /><br />The way I see it, OJ,+ Blake Bought their Freedom.................<br /><br />Blake's only comment after the "Show" was that he Spent 10 Million Dollar$........ And, Now He's Broke,+ needs a Job...........<br /><br />Ayuh,....... If you want to Kill someone,.. Do it in S. Cal.,+ You'll Walk..... If you can Afford it................

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by Dave Abrahamson:<br /> Now he's up against a wrongful death suit filed by the vivtim's family. I guess that's why it's "not guilty" not "innocent".
I think that should qualify as double indemnity. I don't understand how you can be not guilty in a criminal trial then get nailed for the same thing in a civil trial.<br /><br />On another subject, I am surprised that Scott Peterson got the death penalty with nothing but circumstantial evidence and no witnesses.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Guilty Until Proven Broke. "Robert Blake"<br />Was getting rid of her worth $10,000,000.00?<br />Surely she would have walked for $3,000,000.00.

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

I think ya mean "double jeopardy" Boomyal. Can't be tried for the same crime once found not guilty in a court of law. Both good movies though ;) I guess criminal and civil courts are separate deals.<br />O.J. was convicted in civil court of wrongfull death even though he beat the rap in criminal court. "If ya can't condemn them, bankrupt them" seem to be the trend. I can't see how that brings any closure or sense of justice to the victims family, but I have never been in that situation(thank God).<br /><br />Dave

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> Guilty Until Proven Broke. "Robert Blake"<br />Was getting rid of her worth $10,000,000.00?<br />Surely she would have walked for $3,000,000.00.
Awesome point NYM -- I never thought of that! lol

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by Bondo:<br /> Ayuh,.........<br /><br />Bob Blake's Story doesn't hold any water to Me......<br /><br />The way I see it, OJ,+ Blake Bought their Freedom.................<br /><br />Blake's only comment after the "Show" was that he Spent 10 Million Dollar$........ And, Now He's Broke,+ needs a Job...........<br /><br />Ayuh,....... If you want to Kill someone,.. Do it in S. Cal.,+ You'll Walk..... If you can Afford it................
yep! The justice system is definitely catered to those who can afford to pay, unless there is enough of public opinion against the accused, and that my friends is where the media outlets muddy the waters, therefore the losers in all of this "circuslike" display will continue to be the actual victims,their families and of course the taxpayers :(