Breaking news

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
MSNBC Breaking News<br />------------------------------------------------------<br /> <br />Eight students slashed at Indiana high school - Fellow student held in knife attack on classmates.<br /> <br /> <br />=========================================<br />For more details: http://www.msnbc.com <http://www.msnbc.com>

SpinnerBait_Nut

Re: Breaking news

VALPARAISO, Ind. - A Valparaiso High School student used a knife to cut eight students at the start of school on Wednesday, police said. None of the injuries was believed to be life-threatening.

JGREGORY

Lieutenant

Time to ban Pocket knives. <br /><br />Very sad week in America. <br /><br />Heck of a way to start the Thanksgiving Holiday. :( :( :( :( :(

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by SoulWinner:<br /> Am I alone here thinking the End Times MUST be near???
SW, the end is definitley near, but it sure ain't because of these idiots running around and killing folks with knives and assault rifles...the political world and much bigger events are the indications!!! Israle is the timeclock of all events, so we need to keep our r=eyes on what happens tehre, and be sure we are ready to meet the Lord no matter WHAT happens here on this terra firma...but you already know all this :)

NYMINUTE

Captain

Catch this: A local school took switch blades away from 2-14 Year olds, and returned them at the end of the day. Absolute genius.. Then they suspended them, with the knives, and the parents are PO'ed. Who is the dumbest?? :confused:

KaGee

Admiral

Hey, he was just doing a little early Turkey carving.....I know......sicko!<br /><br />People have no regard for human life. <br /><br />THE END is truly near.

LadyFish

Admiral

What have we done to our children? Is there so such pressure on kids today that they are clinically depressed and so full of hatred and anger they would contemplate such a thing?<br /><br />What are we doing wrong? It just seems to me that todays kids struggle harder for acceptance and peer pressure is devestating for many of them. Its also tough on the parents who feel the pressure of giving and getting everything under the sun for their kids so they can compete and feel equal.<br /><br />What happened to the simplier things that kept a family whole and kept kids from going off the deep end?<br /><br />I just shake my head at this wondering when and where things went wrong. :confused:

bubbakat

Captain

What have we done to our children? Is there so such pressure on kids today that they are clinically depressed and so full of hatred and anger they would contemplate such a thing?<br /><br />
LF we quite using the old blistering method to teach our kids from right and wrong.<br />Kids at our schools have been banned from carrying knives and anything else that could be used as weapons so they started running in groups so they could enforce their will upon the weaker ones.<br />We need to get back intouch with our kids and do more with them and make them apart of our lives so we can instill some moral values into them.<br />This could get long so I will shut up now. :(

ob

Admiral

IMO the problem starts at the homefront.Broken marriages,lack of personal repor between parents and children,parents working longer hours,weak diciplinary methods,false role models(ie rappers,grunge,gangs etc.)peer group pressures,ridilin, all play a part.Still good kids out there,just a disproportionate number of bad seeds today.It's a fast paced world for stable families.For unstable ones it's a recipe for disaster.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> What happened to the simplier things that kept a family whole and kept kids from going off the deep end?
Timeline?<br /><br />Early 60's- kicked God and the Ten Commandments out of school.<br /><br />Late 60's-radical Feminism shamed the mothers out of the home.<br /><br />70's- began to tax the families so heavily it insured that the mothers would stay out of the home.<br /><br />70's thru today-began to listen to a political party that ignored any personal resposibility and created a society of victims.<br /><br />began to further dismantle an reliance on Biblical morality in public life.<br /><br />abdicated responsibility for our children (they could do no wrong) as we demanded that the schools become surrogate parents. (it takes a village)<br /><br />I don't think you you really need to ask that question, LF. I think you know the answers. They are plain to see!

steve n carol

Chief Petty Officer

Bubbakat, right on!<br />Boomyal, '62 prayer was removed form schools<br /><br />it's a mess isn't it. gonna get worse before it gets better...sl

waterone1@aol.com

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I thank GOD for views like, and people like those that have posted before me here. THERE IS HOPE! On another thread in this forum, something about the ban of the "Declaration of Independance from our schools" I was Shocked by the people that supported this and their hatred of religion.<br />Literally, there were people that I held in high regard on this forum, untill their true colors or should I say their lack of true colors became evident (check it out...you will see what I am talking about). This country was founded on moral/religious values, and rose to greatness because of, not inspite of, those values.<br />While our children are exposed to the "values" of "MTV" for hours a day, it is unacceptable for us to think that it is wrong for the word GOD be said in a public school.<br />This country was founded for the FREEDOM OF RELIGION, NOT the freedom FROM religion!!!

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

I got the answer.<br /> register all knives and have a 10 day cooling off period:) :) .<br /> that will work:).<br /> ask any liberal.<br />so far with my ex I have been investigated 6 times by social services. 2 were home visits as well.<br /> so far the worst they came up with was "dont holer at the kids"<br /> my eldest is 19 and moved away to her mom's my youngest is almost 15 and moved back to his mom's last summer. both are in trouble now cause the ex and her new hubby have no rules and are never home but the state says at 14 they can choose where they wish to go. like a 14 year old is gonna make a wise decision. mmmm lets see live with dad and have rules and consequences to breaking them or live with mom, who is rarely home and works mostly night shift, and play all the time.neither of my kids will talk to me ,which is just as well becuase they lie so much now. my ex allowed my daughter to quit high school in the 10th grade. her and my daughter had some conflicts so she came back with me. I had a rule that says if your under 18 your in school<br /> she graduated in june of 2003.<br /> now my son is talking about quiting when he is 16 and there is nothing I can do about it cause the state says he can choose what,when and where he wants to do at 14.<br />he knows that while dad does not like to spank nor do I condone it I am very capeable of it.<br /> last time he disrupted school at age 13 and the teacher called I spanked him like a 5 year old and told him if he wished to act 5 I would traet him as five. later that year he made the student honer roll and the behavoir model:). all it took was some attitude ajusting with a leather adjustment tool.<br /> but social services was called by my Ex and here we went again. I did offer to let them raise the kid :) :) . but back to the knifing. its a sad state when a 14 year old feels the only recouse is violence. however I have seen people teased and taunted till they broke and no one did a thing. when I was in about the 7th grade I participated in a teasing thing with a "geek" when my parents found out I was whipped by both, had to write a 2 page apology that they had to approve of, then I had to apologize to the school staff and write a paper on why picking on the weak or different was wrong.I had plenty of time to do all this for the 30 days I was grounded. no TV no music no toys the only thing I could do was read and write.<br /> my parents tolerated no foolishness and it worked out ok

SpinnerBait_Nut

Spot on rodbolt.<br />It goes back to the old saying, "Spare the rod, spoil the child".<br /><br />When I got into trouble at school and went to the coat closet or the principle's office, I got one when I got home.<br /><br />That was enough for me, did not do that again. :eek: <br />No "detention" back then.<br />My dad ruled, period.<br /><br />My brother and I was better for it also.<br /><br />I raised my girls the same way, they knew when ol dad was serious.<br /><br />I did not go for this ol stuff, stay out till you want to come home at night and one thing that would really set me off was if they were in anyway disrespectful to their mom.<br /><br />No such thing nowadays. Kids don't know the meaning of the word, respect.<br /><br />You see it everywhere you look.<br />Even on this board.<br /><br />Enough now, it's turkey day and I'm out.<br />Have a good one. :cool:

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

I'm a big fan of SOFA (Serious Old Fashioned Arse-whoopin). These kids are out of control. the parents have had all their power stipped of them by a system that allows a spanked child to tell the teacher with the result of Social Services comming down for child abuse. In the current Touchy Feely Tree-Hugging mindset, you are supposed to be your childs friend. You are supposed to buy him/her cell phones and X-box, and not over work him/her with manual labor (chores). <br /><br />I feel my bile rise every time I see this sort of parenting. No, kids don't need to be beaten bloody, but they need to be brought into alignment by their parents, they need to be taught responsibility. If they want X-box, they need to earn in. There seems to be a sense of entitlement in kids now-a-days that I don't understand. End result is kids that go to school and act like a bunch of snots.<br /><br />Kids need to be taught whats right and wrong. it does not matter the platform, be it religion or otherwise, as long as they are taught. Lets not make it more difficult than it needs to be, the parents need to make the time to care. It is unfortunate that moms have to work but it is now a fact of life. It is ignorant to blame the feminist movement on our childrens bad behaviour. Women wanted to be equal, they wanted to work, they wanted to have a life beyond pushing out brood and sitting in a house all day. Because of that, they are now challenged to figure out a way to raise their children in a positive manner. <br /><br />My mom worked, there was never a father (bread-winner), my mom had to do it all, and we were decent kids. She ran a tight ship, and taught us the right way to do things, she didn't rely on television or cell phones to raise us. that is the difference, not archaiac outmoded beliefs that ma should be bare foot and pregnant while hubby clocked in at the office. <br /><br />Life is more difficult now, more pressure. Kids are being forced to grow up more quickly, but they are not being armed with the knowledge to handle it. They are not being allowed to be kids. In the end it is not politics, religion, or any of that, it is plain old lazy parenting that is to blame.<br /><br />Happy Bird Day

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

"JERMEY" (Pearl Jam,1993)<br /><br /><br />At home, drawing pictures of mountain tops, with him on top<br />Lemon yellow sun, arms raised in a V<br />The dead lay in pools of maroon below<br /><br />Daddy didn't give attention<br />To the fact that mommy didn't care<br />King Jeremy the wicked, oh, ruled his world<br />Jeremy spoke in class today (2x)<br /><br />Clearly I remember pickin' on the boy<br />Seemed a harmless little F---<br />But we unleashed a lion<br />Gnashed his teeth and bit the recess lady's breast<br />How could I forget?<br />And he hit me with a surprise left<br />My jaw left hurtin', ooh, dropped wide open<br />Just like the day, oh, like the day I heard<br /><br />Daddy didn't give affection<br />And the boy was something mommy wouldn't wear<br />King Jeremy the wicked, ruled his world<br /><br />Jeremy spoke in class today (3x)<br />Woo (14x)<br />Try to forget this...try to forget this...<br />Try to erase this...try to erase this...<br />From the blackboard...<br /><br />Jeremy spoke in class today (2x)<br />Jeremy spoke in, spoke in (2x)<br />Jeremy spoke in class today<br />Woo (29x)<br />Woooooohhh...spoke in, spoke in<br />Woooooohhh...uh huh, uh huh...<br /><br /><br />"Jeremy spoke in class today"

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I believe in the good oll but whippins,shoot my friends moms would whip us if we got out of line.<br />You got in trouble at school,you got at least one SWAT with a paddle,you got home.....well you learned something that day, that you weren't going to forget real soon.Boy were those the longest days of my life,waiting for my Dad to get home.