Breaking News(Ford)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Ford recalls 3.8 million pickup trucks and SUVs due to engine fire concerns.

Braxton

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Breaking News(Ford)

could the workers in the plant be doing something wrong? or could it be a design problem with the techs? sounds like there recalling all the time lately.

Cranky18

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Yeah, it's the same problem with the cruise control switch that was causing fires. I have a 1996 F150 with that switch. They recalled cars with switch manufactured before my truck, then they recalled trucks and cars made after mine. Finally, mine is being recalled. The switch on mine burned up a long time ago. :mad: Fortunately, I saw the smoke in time to put the fire out.

Braxton

Chief Petty Officer

could the workers in the plant be doing something wrong? or could it be a design problem with the techs? sounds like there recalling all the time lately.

gonfishn

Commander

I think on the prodution line it was a smart move..Layoffs will be put on the back burner for a while..We can fly a man to moon but can't seem to get it right when it comes to car building..

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

They have probably had all kind of problems with vehicles over the years, but now-a-days, with all the "tell me your problems and I'll get you money" Lawyers out there soliciting on TV and all....they probably are better off recalling :rolleyes:

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

We flew to the moon in what, 1969? Back then cars still had drum brakes on the front; wing windows; chrome bumpers; points and condensers. Low tech by today's standards, but they didn't spontaneously combust.

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

Originally posted by BoatBuoy:<br /> We flew to the moon in what, 1969? Back then cars still had drum brakes on the front; wing windows; chrome bumpers; points and condensers. Low tech by today's standards, but they didn't spontaneously combust.
Apollo 1 did :(

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

of course if we had nasa building fords they would cost about 35.2 million dollars a piece. I perfer to allow ford to continue for the minor setback of letting them fix what they broke for free, considering the price differance. :)

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

This is GW Bush's fault. Right???? He hates people that drive fords.

SlowlySinking

Master Chief Petty Officer

Ford guarantees their cars for 3 years or 36k miles, that pretty much tells me what THEY think of their product, and I agree. I'll never own another one. :)

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Actually, Pointer... GW drives a ford around the ranch.... ;)

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Sorry Snapper,<br /><br />GW wants you to drive a ford because he wants to kill your children. :p <br /><br />I knew I could get this one right.... :D

PW2

Commander

Yeah Dave,<br /><br />If it weren't for the scumbag lawyers, Ford could keep on putting out vehicles that catch on fire or roll over or who knows what all, and not hurt their profit margins at all.<br /><br />Heck, if it weren't for Ralph Nader, maybe GM could start making the corvair again.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Whats really pathetic is that Ford has known for YEARS that these switches can cause fires and did nothing.<br /><br />Ken

11 footer

Lieutenant

what years was the recall on?<br /><br />I like my ford :p , but the cruise controll doesn't work, no fire, I bought it that way, will they fix it?<br /><br />Mines a '96