Breakin News

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral
House Majority Leader Tom DeLay indicted on one count of criminal conspiracy by Texas grand jury, according to Travis County clerk's office.<br /><br />JB, should I have posted this on the Good News Network instead?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Breakin News

Good or bad will be determined by the court, BB.

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

Oh come on now.......we all know this was all cooked up by those freedom hating liberals that have infiltrated the media. ;)

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Like JB said.<br /><br />mrbscott19, you're fishing without a lure on your line.

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

you don't need a lure when the fish are as predictable as they are here....

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

On one hand I hate that politicians are corrupt, but on the other, this was all due to campaign finance reform.<br /><br />It just goes to show you, the richest person wins, not the best.<br /><br />Ken

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Lately I've been grouping all politicians in with welfare receiptiants. They all lie for us to pay their way. :(

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by mrbscott19:<br /> you don't need a lure when the fish are as predictable as they are here....
That's true Mr B. No lure necessary to catch you. :p

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by mrbscott19:<br /> Oh come on now.......we all know this was all cooked up by those freedom hating liberals that have infiltrated the media. ;)
Correction: They are the main stream media! ;)

Copespitter

Petty Officer 3rd Class

From what i've heard on talk radio the charges have been cooked up by the Dem's.<br /><br />I hate 90+ percent of the politicians and it wouldn't bother me a bit if he was guilty but it looks like the allegations are baseless and its just another one of the left's tactics to try to gain power.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Cindy is kind of loosing her news cycle pull.<br />The time they spend on this inquistion should buy them a little time to push the news comming out of the hurricane response scandals to the back of the paper....at least until the heat is off.

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer

Delay is the highest government official to ever be indicted for anything and I doubt very much this indictment was just thrown at him for no good reason at the very least because of that. And don't forget that the Ethics committee has called Delay out 3 times in the last year.....do I see a pattern emerging? Looks like he finally got caught with his hand in the cookie jar, but as JB said, the courts will decide. Oh, and if they let him off, is it fair for me to call the judge an activist? Seems some people here think that any time a decision doesn't go the way they want it to.<br /><br />And before anyone calls this a witch hunt, remember that it was a grand jury that indicted Delay, not the big bad democrats. A democrat may have led the investigation, but a grand jury indicts on evidence. That is why Delay AND 2 of his aides have been indicted.<br /><br />So now thats Delay on conspiracy, Frist on Insider trading, and Rove on the plame leak. Yeah, the future looks awful bright for the republicans.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

More than likely they will slap his hands and tell him not to do it anymore. He won't ever see any jail time if convicted.

dogsdad

Lieutenant

The indictment was engineered by a rogue prosecutor who is nothing but a democratic hack. A little stretch here, a little lie there...and you could get a grand jury to indict Mother Theresa.<br /><br />This one's going nowhere, and the dems know it. It's just a question of timing to answer the question "how much damage can we do?" The dems did exactly the same thing that Delay is accused of doing. <br /><br />The prosecutor, Ronnie Earle, has thrown his last political chip on the table. I expect to see more of this kind of skullduggery on the part of the democrats...desperate people do desperate things.

PierBridge

Chief Petty Officer

I'll never forgive the left for turning the Right into bigger fools then the left.<br /><br />Do you really believe Tom Delay had nothing to do with the foundation he set up, and did not conspire with 2 of his best friends who are also indicted.<br /><br />LOL at fools.<br /><br /><br />Don't worry though he did not leave enough evidence behind to be convicted.<br /><br />It's kinda like Clinton reversed their going after him for petty stuff knowing he's guilty of far worse things.

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

The Dems have nothing to worry about (or everything to worry about-depending on the perspective) as they will certainly get elected next term. The economy will suck so bad and the perpetual war mess-folks will be begging for a change. Too bad Bush has made things so bad that even a 4 year Dem term won't make a difference with the debt he's racked up. Conservative? I don't think so.