alldodge

Staff member
Tomorrow I try 2 sets of biscuits
One using frozen butter, butter milk and self rising flower
One using Crisco, butter milk and self rising flower

alldodge

Staff member
On the left is with frozen salted butter, right is Crisco

Used 2 ups flour and one cup butter milk with the frozen butter mix, and should have used 2 1/2 cups flour. I knew that and don't know why but I forgot. So I was adding some flour when flatting and folding.

Also should have melted some butter to put on top before going in so it would brown sooner. Either way they came out ok, so not just see how to improve on them

Slide1.JPGSlide2.JPGSlide3.JPG

flashback

Captain
My lady says you did good! Those look beautiful and what's even better is the left overs won't turn into rocks over night like many restaurant biscuits often do..

DeepCMark58A

Commander
My local small town grocery store has an awesome meat department. They make cheesey hashbrown sausage patties, you put that in country gravy, it does not matter the biscut it is over you will not notice the biscut.

alldodge

Staff member
That does sound good
Thanks for the posting I forgot to come back with new biscuit recipe. Called Johnny Biscuits, look it up

The mix is mostly wet and then you scoop the wet out and drop in all purpose flower and roll into a ball. Place in cast iron skillet and cook at 425. They Doooooo come out fluffy. Don't think I'm making any other way unless someone knows exactly how to make Hardees biscuits