Brake line Size

manaya1127

Cadet
Anybody out there that has a 2000 Trailstar by Tracker pontoon trailer that came with a party cruiser 32? I need to know the brake line size as it has an actuator hitch which was standard. The reason is I'm installing a swing away hitch and I need to add a flex brake line and the boat is three hrs away but I'm needing to get the parts before I go install, any help please contact me. many 505 470-0241, Thanks

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
hardline is 3/16" like AD mentioned. the tube nuts are standard 3/8" tube nuts. the ports are 3/8-24 inverted flare

Scott Danforth

Staff member
what would be the material? Last Question
original was probably zinc coated steel.

you can make brake lines out of 90/10 copper nickle (preferred on a boat)

you will need a double flare tool and bronze tube nuts.

manaya1127

Cadet
original was probably zinc coated steel.

you can make brake lines out of 90/10 copper nickle (preferred on a boat)

you will need a double flare tool and bronze tube nuts.
Thank you so much, Just found out that the company Dowco no longer carries the enclosure I need for back so I guess I'll have to custom mhave them made. Do you have same party cruiser? Yea , I had to cut hitch to fitin garage I already hadwhich I built for my party hut 30 at the time so I'm installing a swing away hitch but putting a flex brake line at the turn, I thank you so much for info

alldodge

Staff member
A double flare tool cost on the low end around $25 and high end around $100. The low end will work and its easy to do

Scott Danforth

Staff member
Thank you so much, Just found out that the company Dowco no longer carries the enclosure I need for back so I guess I'll have to custom mhave them made. Do you have same party cruiser? Yea , I had to cut hitch to fitin garage I already hadwhich I built for my party hut 30 at the time so I'm installing a swing away hitch but putting a flex brake line at the turn, I thank you so much for info
if dowco no longer makes the canvas, your only choice is a local upholstery guy.

also, for what you want to do, I would just get a flex hose kit to go back to the tee fitting at your axle.

manaya1127

Cadet
if dowco no longer makes the canvas, your only choice is a local upholstery guy.

also, for what you want to do, I would just get a flex hose kit to go back to the tee fitting at your axle.
The flex hose will go right at the point where I cut the hitch, its just when I swing it away the hose will flex with the turn, I think I'll be good, Thank you so much,I've been around pontoons before it's just that this is a new puppy all the way around, LOL

Scott Danforth

Staff member
a flex line between your master cylinder and the Tee would be all you need.