Brain teaser, too weird!

LubeDude

Admiral
ALZHEIMER TEST<br />><br />> Count the "F" in the following text:<br />><br />><br />> FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE<br />> SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTI<br />> FIC STUDY COMBINED WITH<br />> THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS... (SEE BELOW)<br />><br />><br />> HOW MANY ?<br />><br />><br />><br />><br />> 3?<br />><br />><br />><br />><br />><br />><br />><br />><br />><br />><br />><br />><br />><br />><br />><br />><br />> WRONG, THERE ARE 6 !!-- no joke.<br />><br />><br />> READ IT AGAIN !<br />><br />><br />> The reasoning behind is further down.<br />><br />><br />><br />> The brain cannot process "OF".<br />><br />> Incredible or what? Go back and look again!!<br />><br />><br />><br />> Anyone who counts all 6 "F's" on the first go is<br />> a genius.<br />> Three is normal, four is quite rare.<br /><br />Actually I found four.<br />><br />>

spratt

Lieutenant
Re: Brain teaser, too weird!

I counted 4, but dawggone if they ain't really 6!!!

xikxak

Petty Officer 1st Class

Did it 6 times,got 5 every time.

tfjrc2

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I found the 6, but cheated as I had seen the explanation about the f in the word of somewhere before.......<br />Try this one out on a dare, or if you want to find out someones age:<br />You will need a calculator and it works on any number up to 10,000. I limit it to any number between 1 and 100 and my 14 yr old told me this, so I don't think it will get poofed!<br /><br />Make a small wager that you can tell someone any random number they pick between 1 and 100, and their age. Got it? OK, hand them a calculator and make sure you cannot see it.<br />1. Have them punch in any number. (for now, let's just say it is two digits)<br />2. Whatever the number was, multiply by 2.<br />3. Add 5.<br />4. Multiply by 50.<br />5. Add 1,755 if they have HAD their birthday already in 2005. Add 1,754 if they have not.<br />6. Subtract the year they were born.<br /><br />If a two digit number was entered, the result is a four digit answer.<br />The first two numbers are the one they picked at random, and the last two are thier age in years!<br /><br />Freaky huh? Now make them go get the beer!

87Aggie

Petty Officer 1st Class

Since I only counted three does that mean I have Alzheimers. It seems I've had some Alzheimers moments lately.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Seen this a few times, but still, every time I get 5 the first try....... :confused:

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Originally posted by snapperbait:<br /> Seen this a few times, but still, every time I get 5 the first try....... :confused:
Me too snapper.<br />Don't feel alone.... :) <br /><br />AK Chappy

Link

Rear Admiral

3 but I got 3 both times and that is 6 correct :p

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

No genius to it. Just know what the trick is:<br /><br />Do not read it. Start at the end and trace back toward the beginning. That eliminates the reading of "V" for "F" in "of" and other words. Old copy editor's trick to check spelling.<br /><br />Seen many versions of this in my time, one actually had 31 "Fs" in it!

xikxak

Petty Officer 1st Class

Frontwards,backwards,whatever I sill get 5.

aspeck

Staff member

This only proves that some are better at "F" words than others! HA!<br /><br />So, LubeDude is rare, and I am normal. What do ya know. Got it right on the third try, though.

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I got 3,the wife got 3,8 year-old got 3,<br />7 year-old got 5!He missed the FIC one.We had him read it first,then count,incase you were wondering if he just counted them.

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I got 6 first time, but as far as correlating that with being a genius? Don't I wish! Just look at some of my questions in the technical sections and I think I think you'll see a pretty good contrary indicator to that premise, lol.

Pascal

Petty Officer 1st Class

Anybody get a different 3 the second time???<br /><br /><br />JD

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I wished my parents would have only seen 3 "F"s on my report card :eek: DOH!

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by 87Aggie:<br /> Since I only counted three does that mean I have Alzheimers. It seems I've had some Alzheimers moments lately.
Sorry pal...you only get to claim PARTZheimers...

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by SS MAYFLOAT:<br /> I wished my parents would have only seen 3 "F"s on my report card :eek: DOH!
Shoulda put an "O" in front of the F and their brain would not have processed them!!! :cool: