Boycott Sears and Lowes

Skinnywater

Commander
Re: Boycott Sears and Lowes

Wow...PW2....You're a lot better at this than you are at politics. :)

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by dogsdad:<br /> I can sympathize with a guy losing his job, but I am glad to know that at least the job is not going to China. For insisting that the products continue to be made in the USA, I'll have to support Sears and continue to buy Craftsman tools.<br /><br /><br />-dd-
What more can I say? I look at all my tools and try to buy strictly MADE IN USA. That's why I buy mostly Snap-On anymore and few MAC. But then again, I haven't bought much in the last 6 months. Never really liked Danaher tools though. Thought they were overpriced compared to their "private label" resellers like Craftsman.<br /><br />Good luck with the job situation there BL.

sincraft

Seaman

I wrote a long message about this but figured I would offend too many so I'll leave it short with this..<br /><br />I have many years experience and a few college bills - and can't find a job in my career field (along with COUNTLESS others) that make dirt to scratch by...while many unskilled laborers muttle into great jobs making great money with no experience because they lived near a manufacturer that hired them or had someone that got them into a much sought after job arena..<br /><br />That said - the whole country needs to relook at its priorities and how much it is paying people and stop blowing stem up peoples asses about college and technical schools are going to get people good jobs...in my area all you need is a wrench and you are making 60k as a mechanic while computer engineers are making 8 an hour answering telephones lol.<br /><br />BTW - if you boycott Sears and Lowes for purchasing from a distributor - trust me they don't care..they are too busy trying to run their companies and keep RELIABLE merchandise for a reliable price on their store shelves...that's what it is ALL about. If you boycott them, they will just go overseas for EVERYTHING and never look back or give American companies a chance.<br />The company is probably doing what they need to do to remain competitive. I suggest you look at their earnings for the year, who they are selling to, and what products are in competition on the store shelves. I bet you will find that most of their competition is overseas stuff and to remain competitive (to stay in business) the distributors are dropping the pay to adjust.<br />There is ALWAYS the case that the manufacturers/distributors are just wanting to make more money for silly things like the soaring cost of health care, insurance, etc..that too many lazy people are milking as they are suing for the smallest things like a bad nose job or a 'cough' back injury. <br />We only have ourselves to blame..not personally, but collectively. Until we start to check our neighbors and drop the POLITICALLY CORRECT liberal BS - we will continue to coddle laziness and stupidity that results in our country slowly slipping into the largest 3rd world nation in the world.<br /><br /><br />S

aspeck

Staff member

PW, great posts here! I would like to add that the 90's cost us more than a bull market where a lot of people got in too late and lost a bunch of money. During that time the number of "day-traders" - ones that bought stock in the morning and sold it before the day was over - increased greatly. Investors became impatient. People that were invested over the long term changed fundamentals and became day or short term traders. So stockholders didn't care what the company was going to do over the next 5 years, only what the market was going to do over the next 5 days. We lost the fundamentals of ownership in our corporations. Reward me for this quarter, not for the last 5 years of growth.<br /><br />I still believe the way to go is LONG term in ownership, and in management. But that is just me. I have made money on short term investing, and even some small scale day-trading, but to really make the money, you buy solid companies and hold them for years. And if many stockholders (including those with stock and stock and mutual funds held in IRA's and other retirement plans) would realize that they are OWNERS of the company, and have a right to speak up about the ownership - use annual meetings and letters to the Board of Directors to let your thoughts me known, then I think a lot of companies would be run a bit differently because the Board would realize who they are ultimately working for. Just a thought.