Bow Mount trolling motor

Goneoutdoors

Recruit
I just picked up a bow mount trolling motor that I would to install on 2000 big fisherman 14. There is no spot in the front of the boat to create a place for the power cords and battery. Does anybody have any pictures of there set up to help me spark some ideas? I want it to be neat and clean as possible so no real exposed wires. I have a metal plate and power adapter than can be installed. Thanks for the help!

Expidia

Commander
I would buy a $5 plastic battery box at walmart. It has a cover. You could pop a hole in it and install a female minn kota style female socket and the male end goes onto the troller motor wires. Leave it long enough so you can move the battery around. This would give you better weight distribution keeping the battery in ear the bow. This is where mine is, but there is a bow battery hatch on mine. If you absolutley want to keep the troller battery in the rear, if you have a floor you can snake two 6-8 gauge wires in black plastic loom (wlamart) and run it down the middle centerline under the floor. Thats how my setup came from factory.

I used this style Marinco male and female plug for my recent Bow mounted Terrova purchase:
http://www.amazon.com/Marinco-Conne...eywords=Marinco+Connect+Pro+Receptacle+&+Plug

On my last rig using that battery box set up with the female connector mounted in the battery box . . . I bot an extra male plug and wired it to a cheap black and decker charger. Then after fishing, I could plug in the charger without even taking the battery out or opening the cover.

Last edited:

Goneoutdoors

Recruit
I like the idea of keeping the battery in front of boat with motor. I think the battery box is also a good idea. I would like to build some type of shelf or mount to keep it in. Do you know what the factory pictures are of this set up? I looked online but really couldn't tell of the set up.

Expidia

Commander
Here is a pic of the battery box with the strap that clips onto the floor so it does not slide around. Walmarts are black and also come with the clips and straps: