Bottom Paint ?? and my Mckee Restoration

deviljohn

Seaman Apprentice
I'm about 80% finished w/ a total refurb and conversion to CC on a 1985 Mckee Craft Hull. Boat now looks great above the waterline, but it had been painted (2x) w/ what appears to be ablative bottom paint(s). I have pressure washed the majority of the bottom, but now looking at sanding and re-painting.

This boat will be 100% trailered and used in salt... I don't have the $$$ to wetslip. So my thought is that I don't need an anti-fouling paint, as the longest I could forsee the hull in the water is 2-3 days on a Marsh-Rat campin trip or so...

Have looked at:

Petit Vivid
Interlux VC Epoxy (avail white only)
Bluewater Marine KOLOR? BRIGHT COLOR BOTTOM PAINT

as options....

Anybody out there have an opinion as what to use on a trailered, saltwater-use boat that has been previously painted w/ ablative paint?? I would like to use a color ie admiral green or such...perhaps there is a Rustoleum, Sherwin Williams or other namebrand epoxy out there?? And yes, I would prefer to roll on a 2-part paint...

See my restoration at: www.deviljohn.net

thanks in adavance

Willyclay

Captain
Re: Bottom Paint ?? and my Mckee Restoration

Very nice work! Great photos of your project on the website. Thanks for sharing. Probably see you on the river soon. Regardless of which paint you select for the bottom, let it set-up for at least a week so it gets really hard before you put it back on the trailer. Good luck!