BOOM!!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
You had to move a bunch of stuff to have the family portrait pose! All the pieces I was going to ask about! LOL

This must be the fastest turnaround ever! Duct tape and all. :D

twins m.PNG

Last edited:

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
A couple more pix. These were from the PO.

Now that the "Ghost Chief" has been revealed, I'll be taking more recent pix and getting them uploaded.

00N0N_4DhxII8tSSr_600x450.jpg

I actually haven't even looked inside these lockers, although my wife has.
00z0z_dET371kwgpn_600x450.jpg

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
I also explored several layout options. The drawings are "semi-scale" but give a general idea.

Slide1.JPG

Slide2.JPG

Slide3.JPG

Slide4.JPG

Slide5.JPG

Slide6.JPG

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Id keep the sw if your planning on gulf runs, even if shortened a foot.
Yeah, I reckon so.

During the 3 month hiatus period I passed up a few C-list good deals. A couple of really nice captains chairs for $50; but that deal was 80 miles away and I wasn't up to the drive at the time. Also passed up a running 1982 Mercury 70HP motor with controls that was quite a distance but had a nice low price. I wanted to stockpile the stuff but was reluctant to put out any cash until all the paperwork was done. But there will be other deals in the future. Time is on my side. :)

64osby

Admiral
Originally posted by 64osby View Post
I like solving puzzles and mysteries.

fetch

Ahhh... that's just a pic you grabbed from another thread for a boat that was already sold. Right? :noidea: :cool: :joyous:

Ahhh... The truth comes out finally. :eek::D:lol:

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
I'm gonna have to figure out a new avatar. That Kingfisher bird is just too limiting now! :cool:

jbcurt00

Staff member
Make sure you know the amount of well you need to get full tilt w twins before you commit to trimming the splashwell down.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Diggin' through my pile o' pix, I found this one where I photo edited a 3 brace option for the twins. Of course, once I start the actual resto thread, I'll explore it further. Transom might need a little work first. :lol:

3 brace option.jpg

g0nef1sshn

Lieutenant
Can you find a counter rotating for twins? Isnt that needed? Or can you make it one? Im not sure. But added knee braces are a good idea for that route.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
Can you find a counter rotating for twins? Isnt that needed? Or can you make it one? Im not sure. But added knee braces are a good idea for that route.
During my research over the last few months I've not been able to find counter-rotating lowers for the 70HP Mercs. Doesn't mean that they don't exist though. And now that I've started this thread and "revealed" the Chief, I can ask the question over in the Mercury motors section.

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Dad had twins back in the 70's and dint counter. Would be a nice to have, not a must have