Boats from work.

alldodge

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Mar 8, 2009
Messages
44,594
Don't know about you but under the house hear is much cooler than outside. Last few days I've been doing square bale work, and it's in the 90s
 

MikeSchinlaub

Ensign
Thread starter
Joined
Jan 14, 2025
Messages
967
Ok, I'm a bit late on updates, but here's the situation. The Sea Doo is gelled, but we can't get paint from any of our usual methods. So the boss is taking the chunk that I cut out to another place to try to get some.

20260916_092110.jpg

While I wait for that, I have another one with pretty much the same thing.

20260915_162625.jpg

20260916_092057.jpg
 

MikeSchinlaub

Ensign
Thread starter
Joined
Jan 14, 2025
Messages
967
I had to put this bit of scrap aluminum behind the break and screw it to even out the break for a mold.
20260916_084520.jpg

20260916_092057.jpg

20260916_142002.jpg

20260916_142427.jpg

This one was tighter to get in. So I used the first 4 screws to hold it back while I pushed plexus in all around.

20260916_143510.jpg

That's epoxied in place. If I had time, I would've taken a pic of all the excess oozed out. I also ground it today, but forgot to get that.
 

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Mar 18, 2009
Messages
16,332
now is your chance. I can see a green inchworm smiling at me from that hull. Wearing red sneakers.
 

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Mar 18, 2009
Messages
16,332
best sales people in my experience who worked for me over the years are people that do the work, know the work, believe in the work. It then is not selling, it is showing the obvious.
 

MikeSchinlaub

Ensign
Thread starter
Joined
Jan 14, 2025
Messages
967
Glassed yesterday. Today I'm starting with just sanding and buffing the blend on the seadoo.

20260925_075440.jpg
 

MikeSchinlaub

Ensign
Thread starter
Joined
Jan 14, 2025
Messages
967
Just a little spot in on a 2027 Caymas.

20260930_095850.jpg

20260930_095837.jpg

20261002_111836.jpg

20261002_120316.jpg

20261002_123748.jpg

Have to give credit to Beave here. When I got to the flake, it just wouldn't come out of the gun. I got a few seconds of good spray, and managed to mostly cover the spot. He managed to get enough out to finish blending it.

I think it was because I didn't have enough fluids for the flake. Normally, I mix the clear how I want it, then add the flake. This time though, they didn't send much flake, so I poured it in a cup and added clear and acetone to it. I thought it was good, but there must have been clumps on the bottom that I didn't get mixed in well. It turned out well though.

Bonus, check out what the leftover clear did to the cup. Yeah, I way overestimated how much I would need.

20261002_140937.jpg

20261002_140941.jpg
 

Attachments

  • 20261002_120320.jpg
    20261002_120320.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Top