Lieutenant
Re: boating license

Smart keeps you safe-

speed is usually only a factor when 'dumb' collides with Murphy's Law

makes the odds of an "accident" higher

coolguy147

Commander

only problem is that it takes me forever to get one place to the other. and the fact that its 20 by 8 feet therefore bit hard in the canals

jpmurphy

Petty Officer 1st Class

I would take the advice of the Florida members. Go to the State web site, get the open book test materials, take the test, mail it in, get the certificate and be done with it. Doesn't make much difference what they do in other states. :mad:

jpmurphy

Petty Officer 1st Class

At the ripe old age of 15 you may not be a legal boat operator in the state of Florida. Don't know. No longer live in Florida.

dkennedy

Cadet

At the ripe old age of 15 you may not be a legal boat operator in the state of Florida. Don't know. No longer live in Florida.

well just so you know if age is a problem in your state or anyone elses state when you take the online course you make an account and all you do is take the course pass the test then when your at the appropriate age you have the license sent

coolguy147

Commander

i got my boating license today in the mail:D

im so happy and my dad just got me a full tank of gas. well it said all ym pursonal info and florida junk the sunshine state plan ur trip etc etc

its good for life:eek:

and it said that it cerifies me that i passed the course and yup

y dont they need a picture i.d? and the envolope said return service requested but nothing to do except it says to keep learning and go to our website. ya... and too keep the letter incase i lose the card lol yay i got it

daman4469

Petty Officer 2nd Class

why doesnt who need a picture ID? If you get pulled over, you will need it (at least in PA you do)

pine island fred

Lieutenant Junior Grade
What am I missing here? No such thing as a FL. boating ID that I know of. No picture on the ID ? Unthinkable!!! How did I make it all these years without a photo ID. except on my drivers license which was not my decision? Boy are we programed ! Think I will go to the tavern and give this somemore thought.

jpmurphy

Petty Officer 1st Class

What am I missing here? No such thing as a FL. boating ID that I know of. No picture on the ID ? Unthinkable!!! How did I make it all these years without a photo ID. except on my drivers license which was not my decision? Boy are we programed ! Think I will go to the tavern and give this somemore thought.

Yeah......Save me a seat. :mad:

coolguy147

Commander

its technically called a boating safety education id carb with a serial number. and it came from the florida fish and wildlife place

jpmurphy

Petty Officer 1st Class

On second thought, save me two seats. I think I'm gonna need both of them..

75reinell

Seaman Apprentice

Oregon requires a boat education card to operate boats. There is no picture on it since you have to have your drivers license with you as well in Oregon. Not sure about your state.

coolguy147

Commander

i was reading some more and they say that i have to have a picture id with me while i boat and the safety card

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

boatingcertificate001-1.jpg

Mark_VTfisherman

Lieutenant

Why didn't you scan it straight instead of crooked, that way the rest of us can have one. LOL

Just kidding :) I hope everyone realizes that...

cribber

Lieutenant

This card is to let your insurance company know you successfully completed the Boaters Safety Course and you met all of the state requirements. It's not license of any sort unless you've been popped for BUI (there was a guy in my class :rolleyes:) and then it is mandatory that you attend this course as part of your sentence.

That said, it is also a prerequisite course if you plan on going for your 6-pak license either for inland waterways or open water. I think every new boat should come with the opportunity to attend this class locally. Most of the local dealers here in Lake County offer this class up when you buy a new boat from them.