Boating in Pa. ,Maryland

sundancer30

Cadet
Hello everyone in the Pa. Maryland boating world.<br />I am moving to York Springs Pa. This is the wife's doing seeing how she if from Maryland and wants to be back by her fammily. So being from Michigan and living by lake St. clair I own a 30 foot sundancer. Now I need to find someplace sort of close to rent a slip for the summer. Right now my boat is in the Middle river area.<br />Quite a distance from my soon to be new home.<br />I need help on the watters in the area and the depth.Is there some place on the susquehanna river I can keep my boat and still make it to the bay?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Boating in Pa. ,Maryland

Boating activities and destinations topic.

Bout Time 2

Cadet

Try the North East river marinas, in North East and Charleston areas. Much better fo boating and more forgiving in depth.

Sea Six

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'm thinking Havre De Grace

arks

Lieutenant Commander

I have a slip at HdG Municipal Marina/ Tydings Park. Last I heard they had a 4 year wait for big slips, but maybe you could try Tidewater or HdG/Log Pond. In Port Deposit there's Tomes Landing, but they only have Hi and Dry (no wet slips). Best advice is to get a marine chart to see depths (get an ADC chart- easier to read!), jump in the car, then look around and compare rates. The upper Elk River has had severe shoaling, so be careful signing for a slip up there without trying it out first.<br /><br />Middle River isn't that far from York....

sundancer30

Cadet

Thanks For the info. I will continue to look.<br />I guess I don't have much time before the splash! :cool:

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

It also depends on which side of the river you're going to live. On the south, you've got Aberdeen Proving Grounds for ordinance testing to consider due to the noise but there is nearer access to Baltimore. On the north, you can swing into the Sebastian River or across to Rock Hall and Betterton (across from the mouth of the Susquehanna). Both of these areas are great for rockfish (stripers) and all are terrific for crabbing, bluefish and beautiful scenery.<br /><br />I don't think I'd be taking a 30'er too far up the Susquehanna as it is boulder strewn from headwaters to mouth.

sundancer30

Cadet

Thanks all, I ended up at Bowleys<br />Now if the huney do list ever gets smaller<br />I can get out. She does have paint the bottom<br />of the boat on the list!

BUBBLES II

Seaman Apprentice

The current issue of National Geographic has an interesting feature on the Chesapeake Bay. Apparently, it is not doing so well.

phatmanmike

Captain

the bay is beeing killed by the humans. and at an alarmingly rate too.<br /><br />too many female crabs are being killed and way way way too many people and poulution

mattttt25

Commander

if ya boat in the chesapeake, check out www.cbpba.com. join us and have some fun.<br /><br />bunch of crazy go-fast owners, but they treat everyone well, even this slow fish guy.