Boat won’t start, have spark and fuel

IselaLuv

Cadet
This is a 2002 sea ray with a mercruiser 3.0 that was running.. overheated at higher speed, found the elbow riser clogged. Changed it and while at it, spark plugs… accidentally replaced spark plug wires out of order, tried unsuccessfully for two weeks to start this thing, finally realized my blunder, but still now it won’t start. I checked my compression seems fine. The spark seems a tad dim to me, I have checked all ignition components and it ain’t that. I’m losing my mind over here, I know you guys don’t have a crystal ball, but experience is always a great teacher… any ideas? Thanks in advance, I don’t know what else to do…

View attachment 366125

nola mike

Vice Admiral
"tad dim"... Should be blue. Use a gap you're tester if there's doubt. Did you mess with the distributor or cap? Did you ensure that the #1 plug wire is aligned with the rotor when the engine is at TDC? Also pour some gas down the carb to rule out fuel problem if you've exhausted other possibilities. Lastly we don't know what you're working on for ignition/fuel system

kenny nunez

Captain
Possible that from all the cranking and probably pumping the throttle the spark plugs are fouled. Put in a new set. Are you sure the firing order is correct? 1342 is the firing order.

IselaLuv

Cadet
Possible that from all the cranking and probably pumping the throttle the spark plugs are fouled. Put in a new set. Are you sure the firing order is correct? 1342 is the firing order.
Thank you so much!! Firing order was correct did pull out the spark plugs and nothing, finally had a new set of eyes and it was the accelerator linkage to the carburator, started right up. I’m elated🥳

IselaLuv

Cadet
Thank you to everyone’s response!! I’m happy to say, it is up and running. Backtracking and checking it all no matter how simple is so incredibly true when it comes to boats. Thank you everyone🙏🏼

tank1949

Lieutenant Commander
This is a 2002 sea ray with a mercruiser 3.0 that was running.. overheated at higher speed, found the elbow riser clogged. Changed it and while at it, spark plugs… accidentally replaced spark plug wires out of order, tried unsuccessfully for two weeks to start this thing, finally realized my blunder, but still now it won’t start. I checked my compression seems fine. The spark seems a tad dim to me, I have checked all ignition components and it ain’t that. I’m losing my mind over here, I know you guys don’t have a crystal ball, but experience is always a great teacher… any ideas? Thanks in advance, I don’t know what else to do…

View attachment 366125
charge battery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!