boat registering blues

Status
Not open for further replies.

PS123

Recruit
All I have is an 8 digit serial number. Not new to boating, but have only had this used boat a few years and (first time owner) and now the state is saying I need the HIN. We registerd originally with the serial number but I guess that is not the number I need. I do not find an HIN anywhere, nor the year of the boat. All I know is it is a 14 foot. Looks like a runabout. Most likely had seats in front but the previous owner turned it into a fishing boat with a 'built in minnow bucket with aerator where you would put your feet in front. I saw the link to the boat history site but before I throw out $40 +/- I'd like to know if anyone else used it. Had been sick the last few years, so I didn't really get a chance to enjoy it much, so I'd like to get this cleared up so I can use it. Does anyone know where that HIN would be hiding?

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: boat registering blues

HIN's were not required until I believe 1972. Do you think your boat is older than that? Also what state are you in. Someone from your state may be able to help you with more specific information. Welcome to iboats!

Janwallner

Recruit
I'm having the same problem.. the HIN is suppose to be on the back upper right on the transom... it should be 12 digits... I can't find it on mine either... mine is a 75

Status
Not open for further replies.