Boat re-upholstery

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeyUST

Recruit
I am sure this has been asked somewhere but I was unable to find it.

I have a Chris Craft 237 (23 ft) Constellation and it is going to need the vinyl re-done this winter. Just wondering if anybody out there has experience with a similar sized vessel: What did it cost you? or a ballpark.
I plan on paying someone else to do this, as in MN it is almost impossible to work on your boat.

Thanks in advance for your help!:)

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Boat re-upholstery

this is impossible to answer, depends on what you choose for the cover, and the details you choose. auto upholsters are cheaper than marine. may car seat places do boats also.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

uph prices vary greatly....so shop around....

it also depends on how many panels are in the area to be upholsetered.

for ex....a standard b2b lounger, will have 4 panels on just the seat...not the back so they are expencive to fix....

if they are just one color panels....not very expencive

642mx

Lieutenant Commander

Welcome to iboats Smokey!

I called a trim shop that does a lot of marine work and asked them what it would cost to completely reupholter my 18 foot Baja (bow rider). The seats are 4 color and I wanted it to look like the factory seats.... he told me to plan to spend $4500-5000 on materials and labor.

After I picked myself up from the floor and got my breath back, I called Dr. Vinyl and had all of the bad spots fixed for under $100. And it looks like brand new interior again.

SmokeyUST

Recruit

Welcome to iboats Smokey!

I called a trim shop that does a lot of marine work and asked them what it would cost to completely reupholter my 18 foot Baja (bow rider). The seats are 4 color and I wanted it to look like the factory seats.... he told me to plan to spend $4500-5000 on materials and labor.

After I picked myself up from the floor and got my breath back, I called Dr. Vinyl and had all of the bad spots fixed for under $100. And it looks like brand new interior again.

Thanks very much for the info, I do really just need repair and cleaning so that helps me out a ton!
Already found my local Dr Vinyl!

wca_tim

Lieutenant Commander

I just bought the entier interior for my 1988 checkmate, NEW! from the factory for $2k. that includes everything - original three color scheme, hand sewn with stripes, etc... all the side panels, front seatc, nice fiberglass framed bucket / driver and passenger seats, rear bench seat and base, t-bolts and mounting hardware where needed, etc... - ready to bolt in! and not wood, but kingstar composite (will never rot) backing instead of original glass coated wood. Took about a month. I hope they're one of the boat companies to weather the storm. very well made (and fast!) hull, nice interior and absolutely wonderful people to deal with - How many manufacturers could you call and order the interior for a boat that old and the company has the templates for the "wood" patterns, everything and will build a complete interior for such a price?

642mx

Lieutenant Commander

How many manufacturers could you call and order the interior for a boat that old and the company has the templates for the "wood" patterns, everything and will build a complete interior for such a price?

Not Baja.... even before Baja sold to Fountain, I tried to get several parts for my 96 model and they had nothing.

I recommend ALL to xxxxxxxx. They are based in xxxxxxx but are one of the only Mail Order Services. I just simply took off the vinyl off my cushions and sent them into them. They mailed back to me my new skins, as they call them, and I just had to tack them on to my seats with staples. Really was worth doing the job as I was quoted over 2k for the job and I did it myself with xxxxxxx for less than $1200. I have a Mastercraft Prostar 190 and it looks brand new! I'm having them make me a Cover next and well as my Carpet.

I've sent at least 5 people already to them and everyone is thanking me. I'm working on forcing them to blog here just to show xxxxxx and my creditability. MMMM.....XXXXXXX should hire me if your out there haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.