Boat part identification

sportsmanphil

Petty Officer 1st Class
I visit this forum a lot but never felt the need to post yet.

I have been in the process of rebuilding a already nice boat, but added some under deck rod storage. I am replacing all the wiring and installing new style breaker switch panel.

In the process of cutting old boogered up wiring I found a part that I cannot identify.

Its a solid feeling red plastic cylinder. The manufacturer of the plastic housing is marked but nothing else. Its about 1.5 inches in diameter and 2" long. The sealed side has three wires coming out (red, black and blue) 6" pigtail wiring to a factory style plug that plugs to the harness under the helm.

The red runs to a powered switch, the black ran to a ground jumper that ran from switch to switch. The blue turned changed color at the plug from blue to brown with white stripe. That wire ran to the bilge wire at the switch.

Any idea what this thing is?

thingy1.jpg
[/IMG]

thingy2.jpg
[/IMG]

thingy3.jpg
[/IMG]

phwrd

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Boat part identification

I tried to do a internet search on it but found nothing, It could be a fuse or a relay.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Here is my SWAG

It is a circuit breaker enclosed for use by the bildge pump. It is sealed to prevent water in and sealed so not to spark in the bilge and cause a gas fume explosion.

or

it is the Flux Capacitor and you will not attain time travel at 88 MPH if it is not hooked up :D

sportsmanphil

Petty Officer 1st Class

Here is my SWAG

It is a circuit breaker enclosed for use by the bildge pump. It is sealed to prevent water in and sealed so not to spark in the bilge and cause a gas fume explosion.

or

it is the Flux Capacitor and you will not attain time travel at 88 MPH if it is not hooked up :D

I considered a circuit breaker but found it odd that it would only be added to the bilge circuit and not the aireator (sp?) or anything else.

As for the flux Capacitor idea, that would be a problem as I rocket across the lake via the super charger and quad turbos on the Mercury Classic 50! :p

I might have to give tracker boats a call in the morning and cut through their red tape.

sportsmanphil

Petty Officer 1st Class

According to Tracker Boats, its a preset livewell timer. Someone in the past ran it to the wrong switch (bilge)