Boat Owner-To-Be

Juggernaut

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Boat Owner-To-Be

Another question I had was... the boat has a ding above the waterline where the current owner says he ran into it with a jet ski on accident the first day he had the boat in the water. I have included a picture below and you can see the 'damage' on the right hand side of the image. Should this be cause for concern? He has had the boat out since this happened obviously and I am sure his mechanic has seen it but I just wanted to be sure.<br /><br />
DSC00016-small.JPG
<br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />Eric

Northern Eclipse

Senior Chief Petty Officer

If your talking about what looks like a chip on the edge of the swim platform, a simple Gelcoat repair will cure that, other than that should not pose to much of a problem, looks like a nice, clean boat from your pic.

rwidman

Lieutenant

Buy this book:<br />
1588160890.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg
<br /><br />At amazon.com or most marine centers. There are other books on boating that are valuable. And just read this and other boating forums.<br /><br />Bayliner is a fine boat, don't be embarassed to own one. And welcome to the hobby. Remember:<br /><br />BOAT = Break Out Another Thousand !

Juggernaut

Seaman Apprentice

Originally posted by Northern Eclipse:<br /> If your talking about what looks like a chip on the edge of the swim platform, a simple Gelcoat repair will cure that, other than that should not pose to much of a problem, looks like a nice, clean boat from your pic.
Whew! Thanks NE, I figured it wasnt much to worry about but it was nagging at me too. Where do you go to do a gelcoat repair? Is that an DIY job or do you need the help of a professional?<br /><br />Also, any thoughts on my inflatable question above?<br /><br />Thanks,<br /><br />Eric

Juggernaut

Seaman Apprentice

Originally posted by rwidman:<br /> <br />Bayliner is a fine boat, don't be embarassed to own one. And welcome to the hobby. Remember:<br /><br />BOAT = Break Out Another Thousand !
Rwidman, thanks for the link, I will check out that book for sure! I am not embarassed to own a Bayliner... was just saying that I quite a few people seem to not like them. I am happy to have any boat but feel really lucky to have come across this one :) <br /><br />PS: I am quickly learning what B.O.A.T stands for LOL!

Juggernaut

Seaman Apprentice

I have some more pics of the boat if anyone would like to see them... I feel like a proud new papa! (Even though I haven't officially bought the boat yet)

Northern Eclipse

Senior Chief Petty Officer

A gelcoat repair kit can be found at most marine supply such has West Marine its nothing more than a stone chip repair for boats and can be done by yourself, since the area is white trying to colour match won't be difficult... Some people don't like Bayliners, thats true. I run a Wellcraft and some people don't like them either but I do and we enjoy it all the same there's a boat for everbody that wants one I never worry about what the people next door have or care, buy and do whatever makes you happy.