Boat make?

demarko210

Chief Petty Officer
Motor appears to be a 77 model.-----If you get this boat , it will likely need some work under the floor.-----Looks simpler than many fancy boats.
Purchase yesterday 700. That plan is to gut it and build it up for crabbing and long distance hauls out to Ocean city or Cape Charles. Motor seem to be way to big for the boat its a 115 evenrude. Didnt not plan on fixing the motor. I think the max this hull should have is about 70hp.

Last edited:

roffey

Commander
its a nice looking boat and such a shame it was left to the elements. Trolling motor, fish finder looks to have been a nice setup..

demarko210

Chief Petty Officer
Opened it up this past weekend. Got the transom out and to my surprise the stringers solid hollow glass .25 inch thick. Boat was completely dry. Some foam is wet along the keel which is coming out as I need to do a hull repair. Less work I need to do. I will need to go up the side of the boat with at least 2 layer of 1708 and make some new gunnels. I plan to add a section of foam along the sides boxed in glassed to the floor as a knee for the gunnels.

PXL_20240407_214631352.jpgPXL_20240407_214654025.jpg

Last edited:

demarko210

Chief Petty Officer
Looks like a nice boat, Good luck, can't wait to see it completed.
Thanks I will probably ask the site admin to move this thread to the hull repair section. Unfortunately I did remove the stringers. The boat was dry but I had an hole in the hull that I wanted to do from both sides. Since I had the deck up and was planning to do the rebuild I went on and pull them up.
The stringers was a complete piece that was glued to the floor like a cap. I could have just cut where the hole was and did the repair but I wanted to redo this boat anyways.
Deciding if I should put some bulk heads in as I want to section out where I will put back the expansion foam to run along side the stringers and down the sides of the gunnels when I fix the top cap. I will connect the cap to the floor and foam or the bulkheads will run ribs up the side of the gunnels to add some strength to the sides still have not decided.
1713868434300.png

1713868452665.png
1713868471569.png

Last edited: