Boat lighting

Steve91T

Petty Officer 1st Class
Sounds fine. ....seems I wasn't the only one with the concern. Lol

Ha. Well they were grabbing people before they put in. They were really nice and just wanted to make sure everyone is safe. Anyway, I wanted their opinion since I had no idea what the rules were.

Ned L

Commander
Very good!
I don't know where you use your boat (obviously), but out on open water in good size boats, theiy're not 'boats' you are seeing out there in the darkness, all you see are lights, and by seeing nothing other than the lights you have to be able to figure out what they all are AND what they are doing/which way they are going. It can get confusing and the last thing that is needed is to have some extra meaningless lights thrown in the mix.

Enjoy. :)

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
I have an underwater light and it's below my swimstep. No reason to have one under the drive and no reason to have it on underway.

s.hadley81

Petty Officer 1st Class
Not to be a jerk or anything but I wouldn't tie underwater lighting to my nav lights because if one leaked and shorted out, it would blow the fuse taking your nav lights too! I wouldn't think that you should have any other lighting tied your navigation lighting then whats required as far as a safety inspection is required. Just my opinion!

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Not to be a jerk or anything but I wouldn't tie underwater lighting to my nav lights
I agree...I would never connect it to the nav lights. I only want nav lights on by themselves or my underwater light on by itself.

Why not have it on a separate switch with it's own fuse?

further

Lieutenant Junior Grade
I agree...I would never connect it to the nav lights. I only want nav lights on by themselves or my underwater light on by itself.

Why not have it on a separate switch with it's own fuse?

Certainly something i will end up doing in the future. Was just easiest to get it hooked up at the time; which was for last 4th of july and haven't had the opportunity to do that. Actually haven't been out at all at night this season yet anyway.