Boat lifts

kaw550

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Driving around the lask last week I noticed a ton of boat lifts.

I searched a little on the web. They are not as expensive as I thought but shipping looks high. If I can find somethng cheap I may be able to swing it.

Anyone know of a low cost lift? I am in New England so shipping could be an issue.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Re: Boat lifts

Kaw, There are a few different kinds. The four piling lifts can handle big and heavy boats. The single piling models can handle lightweight skiffs and boats. Dual piling models can handle heavier boats, say up to 18 feet. There are heavy duty no-piling lifts that handle boats to 25'. What kind of boat are you planning to lift?

DavidPJ

Seaman Apprentice

I just had a HydroHoist lift installed for our deck boat. They're supposed to be very good and a lot of people have them on our lake. I would not consider it low cost, but I haven't shopped around.

H20Rat

Vice Admiral

Check local... Not many people buy boat lifts online, they are best left to local dealers or craigslist...

kaw550

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have a 18.5" bayliner capri. I found an add in the lame association newsletter that i am going to call on. It looks loke they sell Hewitt

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner

Sterndrive or OB power? You will need a 4 piling lift or a no piling lift. Both will have dual winches. Fresh water right?

lakelover

Rear Admiral

I have a 18.5" bayliner capri. I found an add in the lame association newsletter that i am going to call on. It looks loke they sell Hewitt

Hewitt is a good brand, one of the major ones. Just make sure you get one rated for the weight of your boat. You can find them used on Craigslist too, often for a good price. I just disassembled one and transported it 3 hours away & reassembled it in 3 hours by myself. It only weighs round 250-300 lb.

kaw550

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Hewitt is a good brand, one of the major ones. Just make sure you get one rated for the weight of your boat. You can find them used on Craigslist too, often for a good price. I just disassembled one and transported it 3 hours away & reassembled it in 3 hours by myself. It only weighs round 250-300 lb.

I found one
http://worcester.craigslist.org/boa/2999175958.html
I think it is what I need but it is more that I thought. I was expecting to pay about $1000 for used and $2500 for new. Am I way off?

It's a I/O

lakelover

Rear Admiral

I found one
http://worcester.craigslist.org/boa/2999175958.html
I think it is what I need but it is more that I thought. I was expecting to pay about $1000 for used and $2500 for new. Am I way off?

It's a I/O

The one I bought is rated for 2400 lb and I paid $700 for it. But, I did have to do some repairs to it and my boat only weighs a little over 700 lbs., so that didn't worry me.

You need to know the weight of your boat before you can know what size you need. I found that I had good luck by posting a "lift wanted" ad, it was replied to in a few hours.

Check and see what that size goes for new in your area. You can look up Hewitt lifts online and then find a dealer and check their price and you can go from there for a used price. Here are some online 2010 prices for Hewitt.

http://www.warnersdock.com/Hewittpdf/Hewittliftprices_1_1_09.htm