Boat Lettering

FreeBeeTony

Captain
Has anyone used the lattering from iboats?
Or any other product?

I want to change the name of my boat this spring and am looking into how to..............

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Re: Boat Lettering

There are a ton of websites that do custon vinyl lettering. Do a google search.

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

do the name change correctly and keep neptune happy.

ziggy

Admiral

hi fbt. this probly is not quite what ya expected or want. but the last boat i named. the only boat i've named. i used old letters from past boats i'd put numbers on. i have several sets on hand. most of the numbers were used, but not the letters....just an idea........on the cheap side.......

FreeBeeTony

Captain

I had heard that it was bad luck to change the name of a boat but that ceromony is taking it a bit too far............:)

Terry Olson

Chief Petty Officer

Check Ebay - there are a ton of sellers offering what you want at a fraction of local price. Most are sign shops using the discount Ebay market to increase sales. In other words, you're getting the same product from the same people but at a better price.

The last set of "Lund" decals and matching boat numbers I bought priced out locally at 3 times what I paid for them on Ebay - shipping included.

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Decalzone.com is where i got mine. They had a good price and can make any style or color you like.

642mx

Lieutenant Commander

Its funny you guys are talking about the naming of a boat (or renaming). When I bought my boat this summer, the previous owner never bothered to name her.

I have a point, keep reading.....

The boat kept having little mechanical problems and need some TLC. After it broke down and left us stranded on the river, I got fed up and took it to the dealer (where they found the problem, a bad wire in the harness) we decided to name her "High Maintenance" since it had so many issues.

Since we named it, (knock on wood) we haven't had a single issue out of it. So i think there is something to naming them. :)

Anyways, to the OP. I had the decal made at Signs Now. Its a franchise, should be one close to you. I think it was $45 for a 3 color design. I stuck it on myself.

haskindm

Petty Officer 1st Class

I used weletterit.com. They have been on for three years and still look like new. I installed them myself.

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral

Do not neglect the Neptune ceremony...a necessary ritual when naming or re-naming a craft. My local sign shop made a nice vinyl lettering arrangement for my little tinny...less than $30, peel-n-stick, and easier to align correctly than individual numbers/letters.