Boat finally finished!!!

dymo

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I finally finished my first boat project. It's a 1962, 19 foot cuddy cabin with a 1979 70hp Chrysler motor. I've made a photo album if any of you are interested in taking a look. http://ca.photos.yahoo.com/kaiserboy1962 <br /><br />I'll add some earlier pictures with the floor torn out as soon as I get them scanned.<br /><br />
IMAGE006.jpg
<br /><br />
boat96.jpg

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: Boat finally finished!!!

Nice job, great looking paint.<br /><br />Bob :cool:

ezbtr

Captain

You did a remarkable job with that boat! It looks awesome! Heinz

StringBox

Seaman Apprentice

Great Job!!!<br /><br />Thought I's share some pics of what I have come to call the "Never Ending Boat Project". I finally made it's first succefull trip this week after about a years worth of weekend work. It was a blast to see it go for the first time. <br />
before.jpg
<br />
after.jpg

heatherjoy

Seaman Apprentice

Hey<br />I think your boat looks awesome! Great job on restoring it. We are looking for a similiar boat and I was wondering what kind it is, and where you got it. How wide is the boat? How fast does it go with that outboard motor? Thank you for the help!!

dymo

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Heather, mine's a 1972, 19' tri-hull cuddy cabin, 89" beam, Model 1962 that was made by Cruiser's Inc., Oconto, WI. They are now owned by Cruisers Yacht. The motor is a 1979, 70hp Chrysler that does approx 27mph. It's under powered for the size of the boat but works just fine for our purpose. The boat was originally given to me so I can't complain about power :)

pinerider

Recruit

dymo - great job, the boat looks really good. I have a 76 Glastron that needs stringers, floor, and transom replaced. It looks like I may have to do the work in the driveway, unless I can come up with a better spot. Just wondering, any cranking from the neighbors when you did yours?? How long did it take, start to finish?

dymo

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have to say that my neighbours were pretty good about the whole thing. It was in the driveway from last August until October and then from Mid April until I finished it in mid July (stored it for the winter). I guess I worked on it for a total of 5 or 6 months.<br /><br />To keep the wolves away from the door, I kept the work area clean (swept up a few times a day) and at the end of the day I always covered it up.<br /><br />Good luck with your project.<br /><br />Dymo

Combee

Seaman Apprentice

Dymo,<br /><br />Awesome job on the boat!! I’m looking forward to doing my first project boat, I think! :D :D

dug out

Cadet

Dymo, Stringbox, both boats looks great. Questions: What did you use for paint? How did you prep it? How many coats of everything? I may be doing the same.

SeaMasterZ@aol.com

Lieutenant Commander

yeah really, what DID you use for paint? you rollered it on and it looks like glass!!!<br /><br />I bet that was a magical feeling, opening up that ol chrysler and feeling the boat surge along ... hmmm, maybe I WILL get that 125 going first ... <G>

93bronco

Ensign

dymo WOW !!!!!!!!!! <br />that is one nice looking boat. everyone thats sea's it can only imagine the feeling of overwhelming pride that swept through you when you got it in the water & fired it up.<br />that feeling alone makes the whole project worthwhile and then some.<br />-<br />how did you get it shored that way???<br />cant wait to sea what paint you used.<br />-<br />stringbox yours turned out to very nice also.<br />do you have an interior pix, looks like there is 4 fishing chairs?<br />i can only hope my T166 comes out that well. <br />thanx for sharing