Boat dumper caught using Google Earth

HappierWet

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Boat dumper caught using Google Earth

I'm not usually pro law enforcement....BUT in this case, ATTABOY!!!!:cool:

NelsonQ

Lieutenant

Too funny.... My boat stays at the lake all summer. Had it home for a cleaning one day, and now I noticed with Google Street view its sitting in my yard. I'll have to think twice before dumping it on the side of the road :D

Hey HondaPower....nice to see another Bluenoser on here....

Expidia

Commander

Right out of George Orwell's book "1984" big Brother is really watching us now.

Amazing as it would have cost him $18 to dispose of it properly and now he faces a possible $5000 fine for illegal dumping.

Pretty resourceful of that cop to locate the owner using Google maps.

I love Street View. Got to hand it to Google to put in all those man miles for someone to drive down every street with a camera on the hood.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Right out of George Orwell's book "1984" big Brother is really watching us now.

Amazing as it would have cost him $18 to dispose of it properly and now he faces a possible $5000 fine for illegal dumping.

Pretty resourceful of that cop to locate the owner using Google maps.

I love Street View. Got to hand it to Google to put in all those man miles for someone to drive down every street with a camera on the hood.

I was on the Tampa Bay Bridge and some HYBRID car was going 35 mph..as I speed up around it..There was a lil blonde with a camera mounted to the roof like a storm chaser, but with a GOOGLE EARTH decal in the back...
Wonder if my leering was edited..lol:D

joed

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Street view in Canada has all the faces license plates and even T shirt logos blurred.

This_lil_fishy

Master Chief Petty Officer

Street view in Canada has all the faces license plates and even T shirt logos blurred.

Not all, we've been using it to view houses instead of driving all over ontario. I remember one picture in particular where an elderly man and woman are talking in the front of a house. The man mowing, and the lady going from a stroll apparently. The ladies face was blurred out, but the mans face was clearly visible. However almost all are blurred. Now lets just imagine the number of man hours needed to blur all those images frame by frame! O.O

That said, it's been invaluable for us while searching for a new house. Absolutely amazing really.

Ian

onthelake2010

Seaman

The software does most of the work, blurring images. I've have notice lots that doesn't get blurred. It's typical that the front license plate gets missed.

imraan47

Petty Officer 1st Class

sam.png

26aftcab454

Lieutenant Commander

in DFW area a couple years ago there was an elderly school crossing guard run over and killed-he had been on the job for years. the local tv station did a google earth search and had a nice photo of him sitting at his post.:(
kinda off subject

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

You just never know who is watching you any more !!!!

tawood

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I'm not usually pro law enforcement....BUT in this case, ATTABOY!!!!:cool:

Not usually pro law enforcement??? But in this case, yes???? Why? And why this case?

Nandy

Commander

Google does have a form that you can fill to get the photo of your property removed. Not sure how good it works but at least they have provide a way out of it if you want to....

Fed

Commander

Google street view missed my house because the guy was too slack to drive to the end of the dead end street I live in.
I sent them an email so they don't miss me next time, wish I knew when they were coming and I'd stand out the front & wave.

Numlaar

Chief Petty Officer

I live in the ocala national forest, and someone just dumped a boat back on ATV trails...

Wish I could find out who! Its bad enough they have to dump, but on public lands, even worse... they are going to close this whole area off, if stuff like that keeps up.

glad they caught that guy

duke3478

Seaman

Google does have a form that you can fill to get the photo of your property removed. Not sure how good it works but at least they have provide a way out of it if you want to....

That's surprising. It's all in plain view, doesn't look like they'd have to. Must be just a courtesy they provide.

ajgraz

Lieutenant Commander

We sent my wife's best friend her picture we found on Google Street View; it was her *** hanging out of the minivan while getting out groceries :D

itsaboattime

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Atta boy to the cop who wisely used his available resources to catch a criminal!!! A lazy one at that!! All he had to do was take it to the dump, $18.00!! Good god.