Blue Water boats??

Hit It

Seaman
Anyone have experience with Blue Water boats? I'm talking runabouts, in the 18-20 ft range. I haven't really heard of them before and was wondering how they rank against other brands. I'm looking more for info on used ones in the mid '90s. I know that a lot depends on the specific boat and how it has been maintained and treated, but I'm wondering if anyone out there has any experiences, good or bad?

Thanks!

_chris_

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Blue Water boats??

My grandfather has a 1967 Blue Water 16' closed bow runabout and to this day it is in showroom condition and has more than 3000 hours on it. He has maintained it very well and it is garage kept when not on the water. It doesn't even have a tear in the original vinyl. I would say a very solid boat and built well, it doesn't make a noise on the water no creeks or anything funny but I think with any boat it all depends on how the PO took care of it.

Y-Guy

Seaman
Re: Blue Water boats??

Lots of Bluewater boats around here, neighbor has a 93 Monte Carlo sitting outside now. Both Bluewater and Reinell are built by Kal Kustom in Salem OR and many models share the same molds. I sure wouldn't rule them out, they do tend to be more of a west coast boat so you may not hear much about them.