Blowing up ride plate ??

emoney

Commander
Re: Blowing up ride plate ??

I heard a neighbors blow and thought it was a gun blast too, lol. He's right next door and sound, because of the canal in the backyard sure seems to travel, so I'm sure that added to it. But man it was loud. In his case, I had told him that I'd heard NOT to start the thing without the plumbing and I guess he was a "naysayer". Had to buy a new seal but I think he had his actual plate fixed at a machine shop. But yes, it was definitely a lot louder than a bread bag popping,, lol. His was a 120 like the one I had.

Painlesstom

Cadet

1996 Sugar Sand Mirage SE with Mercury 120XR sportjet.

Then you are very lucky there wasn't any damage. Or you just haven't seen the effects of it yet.
You're claim is similar to saying you drove by a cop while drunk, and didn't get pulled over. You just got lucky.

jcochrane281

Cadet

Mine blew today it sounded like a 7mag hunting rifle had a friend call me that lives 1/4 mile away my ride plate is bent im going to try and straighten it is there anything else I need to replace?

Painlesstom

Cadet

Get it as straight as possible then use silicone to put the gasket back on the plate. More silicone when you put the plate back up to the hull and make sure you seal the area around the grate too. Let that sit overnight to cure. Good luck.