Blocking a pontoon

MinUph

Chief Petty Officer
I know I've read here on how to block a pontoon boat using the trailer as a jack. And I think I remember how. I need to repaint the logs as the paint didn't hold up well and blocking it seems like the best way to get all of the logs. I'm looking for a way to do this without having to buy blocks, and such. Any ideas?
Can't seem to find the thread n this. And the boat is in brackish water and salt for 8 months at a dock.
I had it done last time but the price went up and I hate to pay this much every year. If need be I will but if I can find away to do it myself I will save some $$$.

The Rooster

Ensign
Re: Blocking a pontoon

Paul, do a search up top for: How to lift pontoon off trailer. Check out "Jeepman's" response on March 8th 2011. Good luck !!!

Silver Eagle

Master Chief Petty Officer

When I replaced my boards two years ago I went to my local Marinea and had them lift my pontoon boat up off of the trailer.They left it hanging there for three days and then when I was done they put it back on the trailer for me. total cost $200.00 It ws in late April, the season hadn't started yet here.

WaterDR

Senior Chief Petty Officer

LOL - I have a scissor-lift trailer....can put on the ground anywhere I want.

WaterDR

Senior Chief Petty Officer

So, I guess as another suggestion, you could always borrow or rent another trailer, put her in the water, and sticker on the other trailer if the first trailer needed a repair.

MinUph

Chief Petty Officer

In reading up on all this I am leaning on an option read here and doing one at a time. Jack up one side sand, paint and then do the other side same way. I read about using a 4x4 to support the weight but where would I place this 4x4? I don't want it under the logs as I am going to sand and paint them. I have a couple of weeks yet so doing this one at a time is workable.

I got this read from an old thread where below was mentioned.

5150abf
user-offline.png

Vice Admiral
vice_admiral.gif
Join DateAug 2007LocationGoshen IndianaPosts5,499

[h=2]
icon1.png
Re: how to lift pontoon from trailer, to work on trailer and pontoons??[/h]
I would do one side at a time and yes, an 8' 4x4 would spread the load enough to not cause damage, the tube itself will give you the longitudinal strength.​