Block off plate

BYETHEWAY

Cadet
I HAVE A 97' GTS THAT I WANT TO EITHER REMOVE THE OILPUMP AND PLAVE A BLOCK OFF PLATE, OR CAN I JUST EMPTY THE OIL RESEVOIR AND RUN MY OWN PREMIX(if that is possible).I THINK THE PLATE PART #IS LISTED ON THE iboats.com site as a SEARAY 800,WHATEVER THAT IS.right now everything works fine but we all know how that goes. ANY HELP OR SUGGESTIONS WBA. THANKS

BYETHEWAY

Cadet
Re: Block off plate

just to confirm,the oil injection block off plate is for a seadoo 800.

86 century

Ensign

If you have the 717 or that faimly of eng. It's not that easy the two center bearings are lubed separate from the rest.

It can be done but its a bit more involved.

If you are having trouble with it filling the crankcase with oil the center seals are gone.

SpitAndDirt

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I HAVE A 97' GTS THAT I WANT TO EITHER REMOVE THE OILPUMP AND PLAVE A BLOCK OFF PLATE, OR CAN I JUST EMPTY THE OIL RESEVOIR AND RUN MY OWN PREMIX(if that is possible).I THINK THE PLATE PART #IS LISTED ON THE iboats.com site as a SEARAY 800,WHATEVER THAT IS.right now everything works fine but we all know how that goes. ANY HELP OR SUGGESTIONS WBA. THANKS

You can run a block off plate and run pre-mix if you want, but the oil injection system probably fails less than 1% of the time.

86 Century is partially right about lubrication. The center bearings are not actually lubricated directly with the oil that is plumbed into the oil reservoir. All the crank bearings are lubricated by the oil that is injected with the gas that is being fed into the crankcase as a vapor. The two lines that run from the oil reservoir to the crankcase keep the gears that connect the rotary valve to the crankshaft completely bathed in oil. If you run a block off plate, you can take both hoses, fill them with 2 stroke oil and then connect them together with a union fitting and some hose clamps. There is no pump that moves the oil through the hoses, just gravity.