Blister bottom

Russmarks

Recruit
I just gought a 2004 195LR privately, the old owner warned me about leaving the boat in the water for too long, what?? Stingray apparently doesn't warrant against blisters on the bottom. My mechanic thinks bottom painiting is unecessary and nasty in a fresh water lake. Anybody have problems with their bottoms? Stingrays 3 year warranty is actually on a sliding scale, so the third year they pay 33% to repair, do they know something we don't??

wvit1001

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Blister bottom

I had mine in the water one summer with no problem. I have a '95 656. Leaving it in the water all the time is hard on everything, not just the bottom. It really aged the look of the outdrive, there were several places where the paint bubbled up on it. However, if your going to be leaving it in all the time then bottom paint would probably not hurt.

dogbone

Cadet

I don't think the bottom will blister, but yeah alge forms on the bottom and on the drive, it is tough to clean but I use an alge cleaner and a power washer and it comes off. Never had any blistering.

I wouldn't be painting the bottom of my bow rider.

dkenn

Recruit

I have a 180rs that I left in for 3 months and Blistering occured during that time frame. I would reccomend paint or a boat lift.