Blackfin 29 Combi..

kahuna

Seaman
What do all of you think of these boats? I was looking at a 1987. I've heard alot of good things about them, but I'd like to hear from memebers who own, owned or riden in them. positives and negatives. Fuel consumption etc. Let's hear it!!

Tufan

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Blackfin 29 Combi..

Blackfins are probably the best boat on its kind for your dollar. They are superbly high performing boats. The owner of this company was an executive for the Bertram Corp. for long years and after he opened his own company and manufactored Blackfins. If you look at the Blackfin 31 - almost identical with Bertrams. They are no - longer in business but you can ask any Blackfin owner and hear only good things about this boat. Deep V hull, not too much cosmetics but very usefull - bullet proof. Express style open cocpit - huge space for a 29 footer. With the deep V does have a very dry ride too. What I really like about it is engine compartment entry, whole cocpit floor opens up like a car hood... The 29 Combi hatch is fitted with a huge electro-hydraulic pump and cylinder that opens this hatch a good 40" which make it very easy for maintenance. You will also find out that the exhaust piping/risers does have hand laid triple fiberglass laminated insulation on stainless steel that runs really cool. Most boats have only one layer.<br /><br />Now fuel consumption depends on your engines and what condition they are in. No boat is going to be a Honda Hybrid...<br /><br />Also see the owners comments at the boatowner.com<br /><br />If it was kept well - I'd go for it eyes closed.<br />(after having a good survey)<br /><br />Good Luck