Black spots?

Kalani 938

Seaman Apprentice
What's up guys!! It's been awhile since I've posted on here, but the weather is gettin warmer here in deep East Texas and I just installed my new Solas Rubex Titan HR4 four blade stainless steel prop and I'm ready to take the Tahoe out for a test run tomorrow to see how the new prop works!! It's been sitting up all winter with my boat cover on it and when I pulled the cover off to clean it out and recharge the battery I noticed little black specs or spots if you will, all over the seats and the plastic? I assume these are mold spots, but I'm a pretty new boat owner so I'm not 100% sure. If these are mold spots, how should I remove them? My boat is a 2006 Tahoe Q4 with a Mercruiser 4.3L 190HP.

lrdchaos

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Black spots?

I would just take a sponge and soap and water and clean it off. They also make an assortment of vinyl cleaners that are great for that.

lrdchaos

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yep.....she's so freakin hot!!!!!

Paul DuLaney

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Make sure that you get marine cleaners,as some can be bad for the vinyl.And you might want to get it out in the sun,open it up and get any moisture out of it asap.

Hashi

Chief Petty Officer

I'd use Clorox to kill the bacteria causing the mold and then rinse the Clorox off completely. After that, treat the vinyl with moisturizing cleaners.