Black America upset about diversity of Red Cross

oddjob

Commander
Thats right....some folks are complaining about the color of Red Cross volunteers..If this is a troll blame the source not the messenger.<br /><br /><br />web page

Ron G

Commander
Re: Black America upset about diversity of Red Cross

I heard that on the radio a little while ago,another race card issue.

NYMINUTE

Captain

What have they not complained about. EVER?

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

That would be it for me.<br />One person in line complaining that I was not the right color to help them and I'd put them in my place and walk out.<br /><br />Or I would tell everyone "Sorry, please move along. I am only qualified to help white folks."<br /><br />And they want TO KNOW WHERE A "BLACK BEAUTY SHOP" IS, IN THE MIDDLE OF AN EMERGENCY? Oooop, dang caps lock button.<br />I'll give em a beauty shop.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

I personally apologize to all offended persons, and take full responsibility for their failure to volunteer.

KaGee

Admiral

Yep, the 'ole Race, Poverty P*i*m*p*s are at again.<br /><br />Funny thing.... other than NO police, fire/rescue and military... I don't recall seeing hardly any blacks helping with the rescue efforts... volunteer that is.<br /><br />If it's such a problem, why hasn't the NAACP started their own version of Red Cross? I'll tell ya... it's because they don't really give a flip.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

UNFLIPPIN Believable........I tell you what, if my family was in need of assistance I dont care what color the people are who help.......People like that reverend are nothing but racists......I mean they want to be separate from any other race due to their color and to recieve extra programs directed at them but when they are left out of something they want due to race they cry foul. My veiw ....people are people no matter what color their skin is....I have no problems with anybodys race.....I do have issues with some of the cultures that seem to go against the grain of others and then want everybody to embrace them because they are different. The people saying Im black so you owe me what you have out of one side of their mouth and then saying Im black I deserve something more than you are pure and simple racists. A little advise to these people.... dont look a gift horse in the mouth......it may not always be there.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Oh ya I just went through the red croos orintaition meeting and out of 100 or so people that were there I noticed only one african american........So by this guy standerds they should have refused us all except for him ?????? I dont get it. The sad thing is I have reconsidered going through with the rest of my training....... I know I shouldnt let a few bad apples ruin it and there are some very needy and thankful people out there......Im just not sure where.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

did anybody actually read the article?<br /><br />I think it's a case of sensationalism by the press: you have to register in advance with the Red Cross so they can check you out; an african-american organization hadn't & so wasn't included as a Red Cross shelter. <br /><br />The story is about one organization wanting to help, not about victims complaining.<br /><br />And even though the headline implies it, it's not about "Black America" it's about two people, and one organization.<br /><br />roscoe, people have been in shelters for weeks, a haircut might be nice. Still it was a pretty stupid thing for a preacher to say to a reporter, and a stupid thing to print if your goal is to print actual news.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

I hear what your saying Jtexas, and I bet your aveage evacuee doesnt care who helps them but its the sepratist s/p? black communitee leaders that seem to want to play the race card every chance they get. So those who follow bad leaders no matter what their veiws, are still just as bad. This Reverand is no different then the White racist scum that we all think of when we hear the word racist. They both want the same things for their own race. They are birds of the same feather, just different colored feathers.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by mikeandronda:<br /> I hear what your saying Jtexas, and I bet your aveage evacuee doesnt care who helps them but its the sepratist s/p? black communitee leaders that seem to want to play the race card every chance they get. So those who follow bad leaders no matter what their veiws, are still just as bad. This Reverand is no different then the White racist scum that we all think of when we hear the word racist. They both want the same things for their own race. They are birds of the same feather, just different colored feathers.
I agree there are plenty of civic leaders like the ones you descibed, but what is printed about this individual:<br />
But Reverend Enoch Fuzz says in times like this, the volunteer corps should be more diverse, “Who in Brentwood would know where a black beauty shop or barber shop is?” asks Fuzz. <br />
You could be right about him, but it's just as likely to be an admonishment of his own community for not volunteering more. I mean, it's not much to base a character judgment on.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by jtexas:<br />[QB] did anybody actually read the article?<br /><br />I think it's a case of sensationalism by the press: <br /><br /> No.................Not US journalism.........They are truth tellers, honest and respected...........And SANTA CLAUS IS REAL TOO! :eek:

ebbtide176

Commander

i think they should consider changing the station name from WTVF to WTF <br /><br />jkiddin :D

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Professional victims can make themselves victims in heaven.

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Sounds like someof you might be singin' that church song- "Oh I saw the light, I saw the light"<br /><br /><br />Say J- Leave the ballpark and go hang in Oak Cliff or Fairpark for a while. I'm sure that tha brothers will be happy to take you in.

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

does it appear to anyone else that they are trying to recreate segregation?

Skinnywater

Commander

If this is a troll blame the source not the messenger.<br />
The topic of this thread is a troll and as stated says much more than the content of the media report.<br />Topic: Black America upset about diversity of Red Cross<br /><br />The headline of the report is a troll and is also trying to make hay.<br />" African-Americans Question Red Cross’s Diversity"<br /><br />Here's the disclaimer in the story. <br />" Some members of the African-American community say that’s not good enough."<br />"Some members" could be as many as a half dozen loud-mouths.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by Kenneth Brown:<br /> Sounds like someof you might be singin' that church song- "Oh I saw the light, I saw the light"<br /><br /><br />Say J- Leave the ballpark and go hang in Oak Cliff or Fairpark for a while. I'm sure that tha brothers will be happy to take you in.
is there a point to this? you got something to say, say it.

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

"Anyone", that complains about the color of a helping hand, should not reach out and take what has been offered, they should turn and walk away empty handed, and be satisfied. :confused:

SoulWinner

Commander

Race card; play it early, play it often!