Blabity bla bla bla

NathanY

Commander
Bush this-Clinton that<br />Hurricane this-FEMA that<br /><br />Bla bla bla<br /><br />You guys have ruined my favorite forum. I loved this forum more than I loved my own forum. And you all ruined it. It is my opinion that politics should be banned from this site, or atleast have it own forum on the board. Before you say, well you dont have to read it, well I tell you, I have been here longer than 95% of you, and this kind of crap would not have gone on when the board started. Every since the elections, it has gotten progressively worse. Members leave and dont come back. This forum used to be fun. Hell I would rather read posts from the Pirates then to read you people's crap. You say read something else, well the board is so saturated with this junk, there is nothing else. Give it up people.

eeboater

Commander
Re: Blabity bla bla bla

Originally posted by Nate Not in Arkansas:<br /> It is my opinion that politics should be banned from this site, or atleast have it own forum on the board.
Nate,<br /><br />I think thats a great idea -- maybe a "Flotilla Politics" section... where all the politics can go. Separate it out of here.<br /><br />Sean

ZmOz

Captain

I agree...at the very least, it should be moved into it's own forum where I won't go. Lots of forums I visit have just that. I couldn't possibly care less about politics, it's all 100% bull**** no matter which side you're on...

NathanY

Commander

I sent an email to Bruno pleading my case, but he wont get it until Monday. I may go ahead and call him anyway though.

Pony

Rear Admiral

I coudlnt agree more...i have almost avoided this part of the forum as of late. i very seldom even open those threads anymore. your are right it just keeps getting tougher to sift through the crap to find what isn't politically based......maybe jb and the mods could make a seperate forum for it, and be very strict in keeping it out of dockside chat.<br /><br />anyways what i have said hardly compares to your post....well said

LubeDude

Admiral

But if we do that, I wont be able to give PW2 a hard time, or any of the other ignorant Libs on this site. :eek: Cause I probably wont go there either. <br /><br />Can I say that????? :rolleyes:

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by LubeDude:<br /> But if we do that, I wont be able to give PW2 a hard time, or any of the other ignorant Libs on this site. :eek: Cause I probably wont go there either. <br /><br />Can I say that????? :rolleyes:
You did LubeDude and good for you!<br /><br />As far as the rest, don't read the posts. You all remind me of the 'battered women syndrome', they hate the situation but keep coming back for more and then complain about it again.

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br /> As far as the rest, don't read the posts. You all remind me of the 'battered women syndrome', they hate the situation but keep coming back for more and then complain about it again.
Precisely.

dakk1

Chief Petty Officer

"This too will pass."<br /><br />Dave..

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by Nate Not in Arkansas:<br /> ... you people's crap. You say read something else, well the board is so saturated with this junk, there is nothing else. Give it up people.
sorry, Nate, we'll try and improve the quality of the entertainment, after all we're just here to entertain you.<br /><br />"there is nothing else" only because nobody starts anything else. How about doing something not complaining?<br /><br /><br />Sorry for using sarcasm, just couldn't pass it up. Seriously, give us something to talk about.

Link

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by Nate Not in Arkansas:<br /> Bush this-Clinton that<br />Hurricane this-FEMA that<br /><br />Bla bla bla<br /><br />You guys have ruined my favorite forum. I loved this forum more than I loved my own forum. And you all ruined it. It is my opinion that politics should be banned from this site, or atleast have it own forum on the board. Before you say, well you dont have to read it, well I tell you, I have been here longer than 95% of you, and this kind of crap would not have gone on when the board started. Every since the elections, it has gotten progressively worse. Members leave and dont come back. This forum used to be fun. Hell I would rather read posts from the Pirates then to read you people's crap. You say read something else, well the board is so saturated with this junk, there is nothing else. Give it up people.
Nate<br />You make a good point. I've only been here at iboats for about 2 1/2 years but it isn't like it was when I joined. What we now call DC used to be about life in general, IE: Kids, cooking, man I had a crappy day etc and getting to know one another. (which is why I keep comming back) <br />A lot of good people here.<br />Even when I first joined there were people like you asking for politics to be a seperate topic. <br />I didnt understand exactly why back then because this was the only forum I had joined and it was pretty mild. Not like that now though.<br />One suggestion though Nate, if your going to call Bruno or even via email.<br />Use your forum as a example. <br />You used to have politics as a seperate topic and how many posts were made there? Exactly (1) and it was used to ask how to deal with a local situation. No argueing or fighting.<br />A very pleasant forum which I try to read daily even though I seldom post. Besides if I posted too much I'd not be a Master ****** any more ;)

bigbrownbuku

Master Chief Petty Officer

there used to be a google groups bulletin for boats in the rec section that was so completely overcome by political posters it was removed.<br />add my name to any petition for a separate political forum.

don flowers

Seaman

I have only been reading the forum for about 6 months but you can add my name to addition of a political site. I will not likely visit that part of the site; that should tell you how far I wish to stay away from political trolls. Don

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Sounds like server overhead for a political forum will be nill. Nobody is willing to say they would visit it.<br /><br />An observation - nothing seems to inspire posts as much as a good political free-for-all. Except the opening of deer season.

txswinner

Banned

Darn liberals, oh before you write to cancel, you will find this is the most active forum on iboats so some one enjoys it and you are correct that you could not open the thread and even then you are only click away.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

"i'm tired of the political bla bla bla".... Ok, Fine.... <br /><br />You know how it was before.... So bring something to the table, Nate!..... :cool: I'd start ya a topic, but I'm brain dead today... I got nothin here but a headache....

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

As one of the 5% that have been here longer, I agree that it has become a nasty adult version of junior high school. I find myself drawn to it though, like a twitching addict. I try to stay away, I really do. I read the Projects forum, and the Mercury forum, and somehow I end up here. I see the posts that are titled Religion/Gasoline/George W Bush, and I just can't help myself. The next thing I know, I am typing. It is an uncontrolled thing, it just happens. Sometimes I black out, only to awaken half naked, sore, and confused. Before me sits the laptop, glowing in the darkened room, and clearly I have responded to a post that is filled with a smooth blend of stubborn ignorance and hate. <br /><br />I fault no one on this site, we all feel we have something to say, some are better at expressing it than others. A lot of the people here are decent hard working folks that just havn't figured out that they will never change the opinions or viewpoints of others, but bless their hearts for trying. Libs, dems, repubs, none of it matters. At the end of the day we all want the same thing: food, a roof over our head, and a safe world for the people we care about.<br /><br />I tried to leave a few times, never worked. I tried to avoid the posts that bothered me, didn't work. Now, I read, I respond, and when I am done I go fish. I now have an appropriate perspective when it comes to this site. Its like bad television, if I don't like it, I just change the channel...

LubeDude

Admiral

Maybe politics is like a good oil debate . We love to hate em!!! :eek:

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

I like the oil debates. I don't respond because the only thing I know about oil is that it keeps parts from rubbing together. I have always learned something from those types of debates...

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

start a new topic with a poll. How many desire to have a seperate politics section and how many are happy with the way it is. 2 question poll... how many would visit a seperate politics section. the topic itself could serve as a petition that everyone could include their names in.. would become obvious quick... then anyone who wants to troll can get them moved to the politics section by the mods. Sorry mods didnt want to make ya more work... really...<br /><br />If noone would visit the politics section, it would work effectivly as a trash can for trolls.