Bilge questions

Ok, I'm confused.. I am working on an imperial 15' trihull and have the deck (floor) cut out already. My question is about the bilge area, is the entire underfloor area considered the bilge or just the area at the back of the boat where the pump is? From looking through the posts it looks like to me that just the area at the back where the pump is at would be considered the bildge area and the rest of the underfloor area should remain dry, is this correct? If so can the entire area forward of the bildge be incapsulated in foam and then glassed over to seal it to the sides of the boat?:confused:

fishon13

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Bilge questions

I've seen them both ways, as I am a relitive novice, you'll probable get much better answers from the more experianced people on this forum. What I can tell you is you came to the right place.

chrishayes

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Bilge questions

TO my knowledge the entire underside of the floor where water can get to is the bilge. All areas of the understructure should free flow to the bilge pump. If all boats were made with this in mind there would be little need for this resto site IMHO.